Saint James parish church is a medieval (12th Century Church, once known as Saint James and Saint Mary Magdalene) the church site goes back to 1095. The parish church is situated in School Road Quedgeley, on the outskirts of the city of Gloucester.
Originally a rural and farming community under “a manor” with historical links with Whaddon and Saint Llananthony priory. It is believed that King Henry VIII and Queen Anne Boleyn passed through the parish and were greeted on Quedgeley Green they may well have stayed at Quedgeley, visiting the parish church for Holy Mass in the 1530’s, hence the name Kingsway.
Our Worship is “Common Worship” dignified and modern in its presentation, led by the clergy, and members of the Local Ministry Team.