Our first picture was taken by Mr Sumsion in about 1900. This is probably the first photograph of Howard St. The camera is looking east toward High St from the Midland Rd end.
Mr Sumsion’s camera was donated to the Gloucester Folk Museum along with a number of glass plates.
Probably one of the most photographed scenes of the 1900s. It was taken by Mr George Matthews in June 1909 and shows The Cross decorated for the visit of King Edward 7th.
The camera is in Eastgate St looking west.
This photograph is of Wood Mill House in Coney Hill Road.This old building stood on the ground later occupied byThe Walnut Tree Inn which has also been demolished.