Four men have admitted their involvement in a violent incident in Gloucester last November where a firearm was discharged.

At approximately 5am on Sunday 12 November police were called to reports of a stabbing in the Chase Lane Industrial Estate area.

Gloucestershire Constabulary launched an investigation and discovered that two people had suffered stab wounds and a firearm was discharged.

Over the following months investigating officers were met with a wall of silence where no victims came forward and no-one gave a witness statement.

Despite this, officers managed to secure enough evidence to charge four friends for their involvement.

At Gloucester Crown court yesterday Isaiah Hanson-Frost, 22 and of Millbrook Street, Gloucester admitted being in possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence and violent disorder.

His brother, 24-year-old Zuriah Hanson-Frost of Diamond Jubilee Close, Gloucester and friend, 25-year-old Jivan Bryan-Munro of Furlong Road, Gloucester both also pleaded guilty to violent disorder.

Their friend Hackeem Barriffe, 23 and of no fixed abode admitted being in possession of an offensive weapon (a pole) during the incident and also pleaded guilty to violent disorder.

During the investigation in December last year Gloucestershire Constabulary had also issued wanted appeals for Barriffe and Zuriah Hanson-Frost. In just over three weeks both of the men handed themselves in and they were charged and remanded in custody.

The firearm, which was forensically linked to Isaiah Hanson-Frost, was also recovered in Gloucester in December.

Officer in the case, Detective Constable Jon Newton of the Criminal Investigations Department, said: “No-one was willing to work with us throughout this investigation which caused us some great difficulty.

“However we were determined to identify those responsible and a guilty plea with no victims or witness statements just goes to show how much effort and hard work was involved.

“We were determined to identify those responsible and put an end to the violent incidents we had seen escalate in the Gloucester and Cheltenham areas.

“At the time of this incident there were a large number of people leaving a party nearby and these defendants showed no care for the public around them.

“We are lucky that we didn’t have to deal with a murder case and that no-one was seriously injured.”

All four men are due to be sentenced on Tuesday 24 April.

Posted by

Complete your author profile info to be shown here. Edit your profile →