Four men have been jailed for their involvement in a violent incident in Gloucester last November where a firearm was discharged.

CCTV footage captured the moment 22-year-old Isaiah Hanson-Frost aimed a firearm at a car just feet away from numerous people.

It’s believed the firearm jammed at this time but an earlier bullet which was fired had ricocheted off the vehicle in the Chase Lane Industrial Estate area on Sunday 12 November last year.

Isaiah Hanson-Frost, of Millbrook Street, Gloucester admitted being in possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence and violent disorder. The firearm was recovered in December in Gloucester and was forensically linked to him.

He was jailed today, Thursday 26 April, at Gloucester Crown Court for six years for the firearms offence, two years for violent disorder and four months for possession of criminal property, all to run concurrently.

During Gloucestershire Constabulary’s investigation officers were met with a wall of silence where no victims came forward and no-one gave a witness statement.

However officers managed to get enough evidence to charge the four friends for their involvement and they pleaded guilty at Gloucester Crown Court on 13 April.

The CCTV footage shows how the group attacked the vehicle after it collided with a stationary car on Chase Lane shortly before 5am.

Hackeem Barriffe, 23 and of no fixed abode, can be seen using a pole to hit the car during the violent incident. Earlier this month he pleaded guilty to being in possession of an offensive weapon, a pole, and violent disorder.

He was jailed today for 16 months for violent disorder and five months to run concurrently for possession of an offensive weapon.

Friends Zuriah Hanson-Frost, 24 and of Diamond Jubilee Close, Gloucester and 25-year-old Jivan Bryan-Munro of Furlong Road, Gloucester also pleaded guilty to violent disorder.

Hanson-Frost was jailed for 16 months for his involvement and Bryan-Munro was jailed for 11 months.

Following the hearing, senior investigating officer Detective Sergeant Alistair Hammett, of the Major Crime Investigation Team, said: “The strength of the evidence in this case was the deciding factor for the guilty pleas and that is as a result of all the hard work everyone involved has put into this case.

“This was a really challenging investigation because the victims weren’t willing to speak to police and make allegations to us and the vast majority of witnesses that were present at the scene also wouldn’t speak to police.

“The investigation was very much based on the evidence that was obtained from the CCTV and forensic evidence that we were then able to obtain from the scene.

“A significant amount of work was done in this investigation and this sends the message to all of those who are involved in this violent crime, that it won’t be tolerated within Gloucestershire.”

Posted by

Complete your author profile info to be shown here. Edit your profile →