Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vanda

Dads group starts in Tuffley

2 posts in this topic

DADS are enjoying a group designed specially for them.

The group at Oaks Children's Centre in Holmleigh Road is a drop-in session for babies and children up to eight years old and their dads, granddads or stepdads.

The relaxed session takes place every second Saturday between 10am and noon and offers a range of indoor and outdoor activities.

Centre manager Stephanie May said: "We offer a safe, stimulating environment with qualified staff to help support dads.

"We know that life with children can be an exhausting roller coaster, it can be hard to fit in the time to play and do things together. It is critical to make some quality time to play, guide, support, love, laugh, listen and learn with your children."

Contact 01452 526 856 for more details.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Dads-group-starts-Tuffley/story-13387760-detail/story.html

I thought that was why they had started putting play areas in pubs.......

On a serious note, I think this is a very progressive idea, with more stay at home dads etc, but I do think it will take a while to gain momentum.

Gender stereotyping exists everywhere and I remember what it was like to take my young kids to groups when I could and it has to have been one of the more scarier experiences of my life!!!