Gloucester_Lad

Areas of Gloucester?

16 posts in this topic

Would you be willing if there are members of these areas by putting these areas in Alphabetical Order and putting them on the forums?

Abbeymead and Abbeydale

Barnwood and Brockworth

Barton and Tredworth (Already on it)

Churchdown (Already on it)

Quedgeley

Robinswood

Tuffley and Hempstead (Already on it)

The choices of places, omissions you've made and groupings are interesting. Barnwood and Brockworth is an odd grouping, for example. Geographically Hucclecote and Brockworth would make more sense. Politically speaking both groupings cross the district boundary.

Anyway, I think it would be best to wait until there are people from those places that actually ask for a forum, as you did with Tuffley.

The choices of places, omissions you've made and groupings are interesting. Barnwood and Brockworth is an odd grouping, for example. Geographically Hucclecote and Brockworth would make more sense. Politically speaking both groupings cross the district boundary.

Anyway, I think it would be best to wait until there are people from those places that actually ask for a forum, as you did with Tuffley.

Yeah Hucclecote the one i forgot so it should be Hucclecote and Brockworth andf leave Barnwood on it own, and wait for members/New Members from those areas to ask for them.

Yeah Hucclecote the one i forgot so it should be Hucclecote and Brockworth andf leave Barnwood on it own, and wait for members/New Members from those areas to ask for them.

Another problem is that most of Hucclecote is in the City of Gloucester, while a part is in Tewkesbury Borough - that's the part that has a parish council.

It is even worse than that. Most of "huclecote" is actually Barnwood

I'm perfectly happy to set up new boards if there is the demand

Wards seems like the best way to divvy up the areas. At least then, when there are discussions about problems in their areas, everyone can moan about the same councillors :)

It is even worse than that. Most of "huclecote" is actually Barnwood

I'm perfectly happy to set up new boards if there is the demand

Yes and some of Abbeymead is in Hucclecote :wallbash:

Well it's up to you Admin and Mods?

Wards seems like the best way to divvy up the areas. At least then, when there are discussions about problems in their areas, everyone can moan about the same councillors :)

Seems like a reasonable idea. Unfortunately, the police divvy up areas differently for their Safer Community Teams. For instance, I live on the Tredworth Estate, which used to be part of the Barton ward; it's now part of the Moreland ward, but is dealt with by the Barton, Tredworth and White City Safer Community Team; that team is further subdivided, and the Tredworth Estate is considered to be part of the White City. You just couldn't make it up.

Oh, and Hempsted is part of the Westgate ward...

I think defining areas by ward is silly, as ward boundaries are very changeable. Better, in my opinion, to have slightly overlapping definitions of areas and risk having some posts and topics end up in the wrong forum. As they will do anyway, under a ward based system, as Kay pointed out.

If something ain't broke ..... don't fix it! :dontgetit:

Assuming any members live in it, the City Centre would be a good place to get its own forum. There's a lot happening there...

We already have 2 gloucester boards

If something ain't broke ..... don't fix it! dontgetit.gif

I agree. I really don't see the point of extending these forums.

I also agree. As I said in earlier posts I think it is best to leave it until there are members in the areas in question that ask for a forum.

There are a couple of us who live in Matson but I've not requested a forum because there is not likely to be many posts for that forum and I expect what is of interest to Matson is of interest to most of Gloucester and therefore belongs in Gloucester Talk.

Put like that, there's not really much point in any new forums. Why not just stick with Gloucester and Cheltenham (and maybe Stroud)?