Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Littledean

staying logged on!

33 posts in this topic

Very strange. Location should not have a bearing on it.

It is strange and I'm still inclined to think it's a cookie problem since only two members are effected.

I use I/E and BT-Yahoo's which rides piggyback. At the moment I'm just using I/E and I don't or never have had a problem with these boards.

It is strange and I'm still inclined to think it's a cookie problem since only two members are effected.

I use I/E and BT-Yahoo's which rides piggyback. At the moment I'm just using I/E and I don't or never have had a problem with these boards.

I am using I/E . Now, I've just logged in with no problem and will see what happens when I post this. This topic was started by Littledean who is "local" obviously and he was having the same problem as Ren and I, haven't seen that member comment on recent postings on this subject by the way.

Beefy

I am using I/E . Now, I've just logged in with no problem and will see what happens when I post this. This topic was started by Littledean who is "local" obviously and he was having the same problem as Ren and I, haven't seen that member comment on recent postings on this subject by the way.

Beefy

There, it logged me out as soon as I posted the above comment and it took five attempts to get me back in, very frustrating and completely unlike other discussion Boards as other members have pointed out.

Beefy

The only difference is we use a strong cookie for security reasons. I can t reproduce the problem on any of my 6 pcs here. I have tested with ie and firefox on xp pro xp home and vista. I simply cant get these errors.

This makes me almost certain it is a local problem with your browser settings.

The only difference is we use a strong cookie for security reasons. I can t reproduce the problem on any of my 6 pcs here. I have tested with ie and firefox on xp pro xp home and vista. I simply cant get these errors.

This makes me almost certain it is a local problem with your browser settings.

Eddie, Although some days I have no real problems, the most vexing problem seems to be after you have logged in and posted a comment the system logs you out. Surely if the system lets you in and allows you in the door to post there should be no "log-out" until you instruct it to do so ,or am I wrong ?

This seems to be the same problem which "Littledean" had to start the post,

Beefy

P.S I have been known to be wrong before in my long life !

This makes me almost certain it is a local problem with your browser settings

Ok I see, Eddy, so what can I do about it? I still fail to understand why I can get in out of all the other sites with no problem. Anyway, please tell me how I can overcome the problem from here?

It is very difficult to say Ren as there are so many variables.

You might try deleting all cookies from ie and see if that makes a difference.

Beefy, the length you allow the cookie is the problem there.