Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Littledean

staying logged on!

33 posts in this topic

:mellow:

why do i keep getting logged off from the site all the time ?

if i click on a new topic or try to reply i have to log back in ,and this sometimes takes 3 ,4,5 attemps?

Make sure you are allowing cookies for this site.

:mellow:

why do i keep getting logged off from the site all the time ?

if i click on a new topic or try to reply i have to log back in ,and this sometimes takes 3 ,4,5 attemps?

Go to main page ,look almost at bottom for "DELETE ALL COOKIES SET BY ETC" , click on and should solve problem,did for me earlier in the week,

GOOD LUCK

I am keeping everything crossed. I think I hacked it

I went in and allowed cookies again and I think it is working.

I am keeping everything crossed. I think I hacked it

I went in and allowed cookies again and I think it is working.

Well done, Ren. You must have cookies enabled in order for the board to know who you are so you'll be able to post and use all the other functions when you're logged in.

Well done, Ren. You must have cookies enabled in order for the board to know who you are so you'll be able to post and use all the other functions when you're logged in.

REN,

We seem to have unique problems but it may help if you "delete cookies" every time you log in. Eddie got me "adjusted" yesterday and it worked fine then and also first thing this a.m when I logged in but, unfortunately, it reverted to the old tricks a few minutes ago and, as an afterthought, I "deleted cookies" and it obviously got me in because I'm writing this.

Any comment Mr. "O" ?

Beefy

Cookies are harmless little files and they can't find out any infromation about you or what's on your hard-drive.

It could be that your computer is set to empty the Temporary Internet Folder when the browser is closed. Other than that, Beefy, I'm stuck because no one else is having the problem.

no one else is having the problem.

Nope they are not. Not even me any more... Yesssssss!!

r u logging in on diferent pcs?

Not I, have enough trouble handling one, what about you Ren ?,

Beefy

what about you Ren ?

I am back to the old ways I am afraid, no I only have one account. I cannot think what else to do. I can get in to any other site, only this one causes me trouble. I can get in without logging in for a day , and then I am back to it. The air is blue!

I'm sorry I havent got back to you but I am up to my eyes in work at the moment, but I will look into this ASAP :D

I just changed my pw again. I am going to see how that works out. Thanks for all your efforts Eddie dear.

I just changed my pw again. I am going to see how that works out. Thanks for all your efforts Eddie dear.

Ren, Eddie must have completed his usual sterling efforts as I was able to log in,read & and reply to topics etc, three times in a row this a.m, WITHOUT "DELETING COOKIES", hope you are in same boat,

BEEFY

Ren, Eddie must have completed his usual sterling efforts as I was able to log in,read & and reply to topics etc, three times in a row this a.m, WITHOUT "DELETING COOKIES", hope you are in same boat,

BEEFY

Nope.

Thanks, Beefy for your solicitous enquiries , but to tell the truth it is worse than ever. Well, I am just grinning and bearing the fact that I am reduced to logging in every trip. Never mind.

I always make a point of logging out afer a session or if I'm closing.

Ren, still O.K this morning, maybe you're next on the list because I know Eddie had to work on mine ? I always log-out after each session as Orion recommends,

BEEFY

Ren, still O.K this morning, maybe you're next on the list because I know Eddie had to work on mine ? I always log-out after each session as Orion recommends,

BEEFY

Thanks Beefy. Pardon my ignorance, but if I have logged out, surely I would have to log in again ?

Thanks Beefy. Pardon my ignorance, but if I have logged out, surely I would have to log in again ?

Ren,am sure Orion will point out the drawbacks and possible perils of "permanent" log-ins. Ask yourself why there is a "Log Out" button in the heading if it wasn't necessary,

BEEFY

Yes, but my beef(oops sorry), my moan is that I have to log in every time I come here. Allowing cookies should mean you don't have to do that.

I belong to for instance, Funtrivia.com, I go there every day, but I never have to log in first, I just click on the site name on my desktop and I am in.

Have you tried using a different web browser?

I don't have to log in when I revisit. I'm using Firefox. I dimly remember that when I used explorer, I did have to log in every time. Explorer doesn't seem to handle cookies that well.

Have you tried using a different web browser?

I don't have to log in when I revisit. I'm using Firefox. I dimly remember that when I used explorer, I did have to log in every time. Explorer doesn't seem to handle cookies that well.

Alex, tried Mozilla this a.m but no progress after trying half-a-dozen times. Deleted it , went back to Explorer, and ,wadda you know, it worked after going through the routine of deleting cookies first. Could it be that Ren is a "foreign"visitor and so am I ? Just a suggestion for Eddie, I'm no geek and neither is Ren,

Beefy

Alex, tried Mozilla this a.m but no progress after trying half-a-dozen times. Deleted it , went back to Explorer, and ,wadda you know, it worked after going through the routine of deleting cookies first. Could it be that Ren is a "foreign"visitor and so am I ? Just a suggestion for Eddie, I'm no geek and neither is Ren,

Beefy

Me again, thought Eddie should know that the system logged me off when I posted the previous comment and forced me to log-in again.

Beefy