GRACELAND

Forum Etiquette

7 posts in this topic

Eddie Posting this here because of what has been going on on this site .. It should stay friendly on here and not anoying ! I for one was anoyed with what is starting to happen on here !

Here is something you could post and set a few rules to alter if you need to but in the end if Members won't behave they should be removed ,hopefully a warning will be enough .

But the site will lose members if not stamped out now ..

Forum Etiquette

you should be civil.

Please do not use these forums for personal disputes, heated debates, flame wars etc. You are expected to treat each other with respect in the forums and take any personal disputes to a private mode of discussion off the forums. If you should find that your discussion is becoming too heated or someone is becoming far too passionate about their argument, please take the discussion to private message or email.

No personal attacks. If you feel the need to flame someone, please do it in private e-mail. Do not feel compelled to defend your honor in public.

RESPECT OTHER USERS

Sometimes people can write something that you may find offensive. Before launching into a public condemnation though, please consider that the person may not have intended to cause offence. It is very easy to misinterpret a post on forums. There is absolutely no need to resort to insults. Respect others' views even if you disagree with them.

NO TROLLING

What is a troll? It's a person who posts something which is bound to stir people up and then sits back and watches as dozens of people jump in and start arguing. Sometimes trolls get their friends to join in or post under different names. Generally they will do anything it takes to get attention. If you see a message like this, please try and refrain from replying to it - it may well be locked/deleted anyway

Stay on topic. (if poss)

These are generally high-traffic groups, so please pay attention to the topic of your messages, and check that it still relates to the charter of the forum to which you are posting.

Over to You Ed

Those rules are already there Robin, but it doesnt hurt to remindpeople now and then.

Well Ed This as you said will act as a reminder !

Were all guilty from time to time even me !! :closedeyes::closedeyes:

But As i have seen on other sites it can go to far !! :itolduso:

But As i have seen on other sites it can go to far !!

Indeed...and here is one of the few places that has avoided that...long may it continue.

I'd suggest that deleting posts without explanition goes for forum etiqutte and is an absolute powderkeg if you're trying to get a rise off that person.

It seems to me that there are hypocrites in our midst :(

I think this thread is really unnecesary, one of the reasons I have enjoyed the forum is the fact that we can all disagree and have interesting debates, without I had thought upsetting anyone.

Just last week Eddie called my posts silly because it differed with his view about the legalising of drugs, did I take umbrage, no I continued the debate. I thought we were adults on this site, perhaps not.

Oh and can I just point out that Rugby is a game for losers, remember the guy who invented it couldn't cope with football so he picked the ball up and ran with it. A game of sheer thuggery.

I deleted your posts Neil. I just dont have time for all this nonesence.