Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GRACELAND

40th Anniversary //Star Trek turns 40 years old.

9 posts in this topic

40th Anniversary //Star Trek turns 40 years old.

8th September 2006 is the 40th Anniversary of arguably the best Sci Fi show ever.

Star Trek turns 40 years old.

Congratulations to them all. sadly missing Gene Rodenberry, DeForest Kelly, and Jimmy Doohan. I think the rest are all still with us.

6 series, 10 films made, and 11th in production.

I am proud to admit I am a Trekkie, love the show, each and every episode. (Although, maybe not Spocks Brain)

So here is the point of this thread. What would be your fantasy crew for the USS Enterprise? And what was your favourite line from any of the shows, or films.

Here is mine - Capt - Kirk//Jean Luc Picard

First Officer - Data

Engineer - Scotty

Security - Worf

Sexiest Female Character - seven of nine

Favourite piece of script

The Voyage Home

Kirk: Are you sure you know the way Scotty?

Scotty: Captain, I know this ship like the back of my hand.

Scotty, proceeds to walk into the overhead beam.

Long Live Star Trek, and here's to the next 40 years.

Live long and prosper. Cheesy

Graceland,............I............don't know.........who..........my favourite Captain would be,........but I think........I would lean..........towards Captain..........James........T.........Kirk.

Don't ask me..........why,.........I just like.........his........acting..........style.........and.........his...........

.way of presenting..............his lines.

(All those..........funny.........little.........pauses,..........although it hasn't..........affected.........me) :thankyou: ....... B) .......................... :itolduso:

Sexiest Female Character: The girl with the bald head in StarTrek the Movie. Just can't think of her name at the moment (Nice Legs.)

;)

Wasn't it Persia something or other.

I think it is a toss up between Jerry Ryan Seven of nine and Jolene Blalock T'Pol in Star Trek Enterprise.

Not only was I an avid Star Trek fan when I was a kid, but my son is now well into the new generation Star Trek. Why is it so awful to admit to enjoying this kind of popularised science fiction. Like Doctor Who it has played its part in bringing science fiction to a much wider audience and, therefore, bringing a much wider audience to the world of science fiction. All good stuff.

Alternative crew for Enterprise:

Captain - Harrison Ford

First Officer - Sigourney Weaver

Doc - Rowan Atkinson

That should make for an interesting combination!

:):)

Here is mine - Capt - Kirk//Jean Luc Picard

First Officer - Data

Engineer - Scotty

Security - Worf

Sexiest Female Character - seven of nine

I'm guessing you weren't a big fan of 'Deep Space 9', then? Strange as it is to me personally, some weren't...

Orion, I think it was something like Persis Khambata, my pronunciation is probably closer than my spelling.

Sadly, the popularity of the Start Trek franchise and, some would say, the quality of it's scripting, waned around the time of 'Voyager'. 'Enterprise' wasn't well-liked, either, although it benefited from the cute little ST era contrasts that the previous incarnations could only use for special episodes (and was the first Star Trek that had to go forward to 'ST:TOS'). I liked it myself, in spite of some rubbish about a species that were 'evolving' into extinction in 'Dear Doctor' (evolution doesn't work like that, but it gave Archer the opportunity to ruminate about the future introduction of 'some kind of prime directive').

Bringing Star Trek back is going to take a lot of effort now. Maybe for the 50th anniversary, a head of steam could be built up, but with excellent shows such as 'Dead Like Me' hitting the skids, it will take real effort.

Well Joe, Star Trek's 50th came and went virtually unnoticed by everyone. Seems from your post you're a fan of DS9? That's my personal favourite Star Trek series. Any thoughts about the new series, if it ever actually gets made (was originally supposed to be airing January 2017). 

It's a shame, especially since so many unrelated space-based sci-fi shows like 'Dark Matter' and 'Killjoys' have been broadcast in the meantime. The Sifi channel did some tributes to the various series during ad breaks, and obviously there was a heavy rotation of the shows (and films) themselves. I'd forgotten what the new series was even called, so I just Googled it. From the casting alone, it should be great, but they're being 'flexible' with the release date, so if they were ever going to link it to the anniversary, that starship has gone to warp...

Couldn't get into Dark Matter. Haven't seen Killjoys, might have to look for that. Took me 14 years to watch Firefly!

Yes, 'Star Trek: Discovery' seems to be stuck in development hell. Some interesting thoughts at Jammer's Reviews.