Tony

Live Chat.......?

11 posts in this topic

Just wondered if admin had thought of adding a "chatroom" to the boards here?

I know that they get a bad press on occasions, but with the members here, I'm sure we'd be able to avoid "that type" of people! ;)

I know there are several free programs out there, so all it would take is a little time to install it and then we could all chat "in real time" with each other!

.........just a thought! :)

I like it as it is, I'm afraid.

We have a good membership now, I feel, due to the fact that it is only a B.B. style site.

I think that if we had a "Live Chat Room" we would soon have all the wrong elements that come with them.

Anyway, that is my feelings. :rantoff:

Nobby. :)

I think I agree with Nobby, in anycase, what sort of ramblings would we have to put up with if we got Rock 'n Roll on?

We did have live chat at one time. I'm willing to install a chat client, but we would need volunteers to monitor it. Sadly, as we all know there are some very unpleasant people out there who would take advantage, soit would need to be at set times, and moderated.

Can't say I'm all that keen on live chat rooms and monitoring it would be a problem.

Sorry Tony, but I wouldn't be active in it. I have Yahoo! Instant Messenger which is better, but never use it and was once a member of that awful PalTalk. After a couple of months I removed the program and vowed never to return to it again.

Well, from the responce so far, I'm not sure it's worth the effort, Eddie.

But, if you want to give it a try, I'm more than willing to moderate it.

Having already moderated chat rooms for other sites.

Hi

'fraid I must agree with the others - happy to keep the boards as they are.

As already said - there's plenty programs for 'live chat' out there. All someone has to do is PM those you wish to 'chat' to, and state a time, location, etc. Wouldn't mind a 'live' debate sometimes, but I often have problems with timing.

Cheers

Paul Harries

there's plenty programs for 'live chat' out there. All someone has to do is PM those you wish to 'chat' to, and state a time, location, etc. Wouldn't mind a 'live' debate sometimes,

Agreed.

The idea was to have a chat room that you didn't have to have anything "on your computer", you just hit a link and it takes you into chat.

I have a "chat client" that does the MSN, YIM, etc, but this would be just for members/vistors of this board to "debate" in.

Personally, I use those chat programs listed above, to contact family, so rarely give the addresses out to folks I meet over the net.

'fraid I must agree with the others - happy to keep the boards as they are.

I agree :)

The only person that I chat to, on the computer, is my sister in England.

For that we use web cam, no bills and we see each other.

Anyone else, either Emails or phone calls will do.