Stephen Lovatt

Candidate for Cheltenham Brough Council - Hesters Way

3 posts in this topic

I am going to be the Conservative candidate for Hesters Way ward in the Cheltenham borough election of Spring 2018. I am keen to learn everything I can about the ward, its problems, resources, and potentiality.

To this end, I have already had a number of meetings with local agencies and activists and hope to have more in the near future. I have been very impressed with the expertise, imagination and commitment of the people I have met and look forward to working with them - and others - to change the narrative about our neighborhood from a story of sadness and deprivation to one of hope and prosperity.

If you have any issues that you would like to raise with me,don't hesitate to do so. Likewise if you have any suggestions as to how things can be made better for local residents.

I was born in Stoke-on-/Trent the son of a semi-skilled labourer I have a PhD in Physics. I have worked as an electronic engineer, a software developer, and a teacher of maths and science. I am a cyclist and a keen gardener. I am an avid theatre-goer and write books of poetry, philosophy and theology.

I am especially interested in the problems of homelessness and mental health - especially in the case of young people.

I am opposed to all kinds of prejudice and welcome the fact that couples of the same sex can be married. I thiink that the regeneration of our locality must be based on two foundations: the promotion of neighborliness and friendly cooperation, and the encouragement of local enterprise and small businesses.

If you would like to meet me: that would be great. If you are open to the idea of being part of my election campaign, that would be especially apreciated.

Sincerely,

Stephen Lovatt

Mosaic.jpg

TakenByLuke.jpg

SymbolStone.jpg

The very best of luk to you

Do you, or any of your Cheltenham Conservative colleagues, have a comment to make about this story? Politicians, elected and aspiring, could stand to be a little more open to having their views scrutinised, rather than making pronouncements from the safety of newspapers and campaign leaflets.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/pupils-banned-cheltenham-bournside-school-432153