Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Kilker

TETRA meeting, 6:30pm this evening

12 posts in this topic

This meeting probably won't be well attended (with this post arriving a little late to help), because all notices have been taken off the noticeboard outside the Co-op on High St, but I hope residents of Tredworth who have been alerted on Facebook (Bartonites are barred) will assist Brenda Wiggall in seeking volunteers (and maybe funding?) to restore the public garden by the city farm to what it was, two years ago.

Technically, yes, this is the farm's responsibility, and therefore the Friendship Café's. Perhaps GFC would like to comment on that, though I haven't seen Reyaz Limalia on these boards for some time. A bit of elbow grease in the garden would make that shiny new donated SUV feel more earned, I'm sure.

Hi

How'd it go?

Thanks

Paul Harries

Have you met Tony Ward? He has made it very clear he doesn't want Bartonites, and especially me, attending his meetings. Or even Tredworth residents, to be honest. He'd just like to hold committee meetings, and never be challenged on anything.

Try. Email him with a request for minutes, or support for tidying the garden.

I was at Brockworth Community Centre this morning, with my daughter. It is nothing like our so-called 'Barton & Tredworth Community Centre'. Our councillors, and council hopefuls, should feel ashamed by their lack of commitment to the welfare of residents.

Hi

Sounds like Brockworth have something going for them.

We used to have a meaningful working support organisation here, years ago. Since Community Counts everything gone downhill.

What does TETRA stand for anyways. Sorry, don't know.

Paul Harries

Maybe they have Tewkesbury Borough Council going for them.

TETRA is Tredworth Estate Tenants & Residents' Association. Tasked by their constitution with keeping Tredworth informed of their activities, but not in practise.

The community garden was cleared of weeds a few days ago, and some plants supposedly put in, though not as far as I could see this morning. I did, however, chance to meet GFC, or rather, just catch him before he left in his Fair Shares van. He claimed that the Friends of St. James' Park haven't existed for years (much like Ismael Rhyman hasn't been involved with the partnership for years?), and when asked who had been in charge of the group, said '[Inspector] Tim Wood'. This quite surprised me, given how the group seems to have vanished without fanfare, but it's consistent with his 'dog in the manger' attitude to people who want to make a difference in the community. I've sent Wood an email (Timothy.Wood@gloucestershire.pnn.police.uk), asking for details of the group's demise/replacement. He's away til the 14th, but I don't expect much of an answer.

Reyaz Limalia also denied that there were any plans to extend the riding arena, despite the addition without planning permission of stables, and an email (unreadable on the council website*) seeking permission to discharge an obligation to abide by clause 9, which requires two trees to be replaced on the southern side of the arena after construction is finished (which would then be an obstacle to said extension). So, if he's being truthful, it will remain a dismal little arena that one could barely swing a colt in.

*http://glcstrplnng12.co.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=externalDocuments&keyVal=MY5SYZHMC0000

I got a reply to my email, sent to the city council yesterday. No mention of the 404 error, and there are at least two assertions I would (and will) take issue with. Anyone care to guess what they are..?

Dear Mr Kilker

I am writing to advise you that having looked into your enquiry regarding the erection of the stables block I subsequently advised the proprietor that planning permission was required (retrospectively). As a result an application was submitted on 1st August reference 17/00833/FUL. The stables were erected ancillary to the construction of the riding/schooling arena and I believe the proprietor did not think that ancillary buildings would require planning permission – it goes without saying (but I will anyway) that the stables are required to accommodate horses kept at the City Farm.

If you haven’t been notified yet I suspect that you and other interested parties will be informed shortly and will have the opportunity to make any representation regarding the application before it is determined.

Kind regards

Rick Crombie

Consultant – Planning Enforcement

Planning

GloucesterCity Council

Herbert Warehouse

The Docks

Gloucester, GL1 2EQ

01452 396222

rick.crombie@gloucester.gov.uk

www.gloucester.gov.uk

Sent: 10 August 2017 08:08
To: Rick Crombie
Subject: St. James' Riding Arena

Hi

As discussed

Thanks

Julia

Sent: 09 August 2017 17:22
To: Here to Help
Cc: Development Control; Wendy Jones; kayvpowell; Ahmed S. Hansdot
Subject:

I am still waiting,since early May, for an answer to the question of why stables have been erected at the St. James' Riding Arena, even though such a structure was never part of the application submitted, without any apparent concern on the city council's part. While you continue to deliberate on this, can you fix the 404 error which prevents me from reading why a request was belatedly made to seek a discharge on condition 9, the replacement of two trees on the arena's southern side (an obligation which would interfere with any later move to extend the arena further into the park, and eat up even more of the ward's severely limited public space?

http://planningdocs.gloucester.gov.uk/default.aspx?custref=13/01311/FUL

As an afterthought, it's interesting that the reply contained no proscriptions about who may read the email besides the receiver. That is all of the text. Has the city council finally got tired of secrecy, now legal whuz Sue Mullins has moved to Stratford District Council?

As promised...

I'll take issue on you with two assertions you've made below. Firstly, planning permission was not 'required (retrospectively)', it was required before the stables were built. Of course, it will probably be granted retrospectively, but that's not the same thing.

Secondly, regardless of what you believe the proprietor thought or didn't think, it certainly doesn't 'go without saying' that stables were required for the horses being used in the arena, which is why stables were not included in the original application. The original plan was for the horses to be transported to the arena from several miles away as required, and taken away when not*. You may not 'believe' this is very practical. I don't either, and I note that there is no mention in the 'Design and Access' statement from the application of either transporting or stabling the horses, though this evidently didn't trouble the planning committee.

Nevertheless, stables are an addition to the arena, which has obviously reduced what was already a pitiably small area in which to exercise the horses, let alone give riders lessons, compared to what they would have had if this arena had been sited at Robinswood Hill instead. If the proprietor (Imran Atcha?) feels he can make this addition, what will be the next addition that 'goes without saying'? The stables have a large door on the southern side, facing the park, but squeezed in as the stables are, the arena's fence is too close for this door to be opened adequately. Will it then go without saying that the fence should pushed a couple more metres into the park, or further, to facilitate the stables that were never included along with that fence in the plans? If not, what was the purpose of this door in the first place?

As I've said, I know that the permission for these stables will be granted, whatever I or anyone else say (and regardless of the welfare of the horses?). I 'believe' that should only happen, though, after the proprietor has given his word that no more of the park will be eaten up by the arena (as Reyaz Limalia promised verbally just two days ago). The buildings and gardens between the arena and Upton St, which I suspect Gymnasian are eyeing up, that's a different story, but the park should be left alone now.

*Presumably to Hartpury College, see six links down, though the original article is lost, because the Citizen can't stop revamping its website:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hartpury+college+st+james+farm+horses&ei=LLuNWdf2CMHMgAbzh53QDg&start=0&sa=N&biw=1360&bih=659

(Ahmed Hansdot cc'd because as well as being our local councillor, who seems to know next to nothing about this matter, [he] apparently represents the Environment on Gloucester Labour Councillor's 'Shadow Cabinet' https://www.facebook.com/GlosLabourCllrs/)

I just noticed that I completely reversed the words, 'with you on', above. That's new and worrying.

Hi

Joe. did you know that you can ask to be copied in on all the planning applications, getting a published list every Monday?

Thanks

Paul Harries

Yes, I started getting the list at the same time that you did, for all the good it really does. I'd paste the B&T relevant part of the list onto the news section of the partnership site some people said I had no right to create or manage. It's still there (if little used), while the partnership is gone, to paraphrase Bruce Springsteen... http://bartred.webs.com/news.htm