Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulHarries

Prime Minister Approaches other Parties

19 posts in this topic

Hi

Theresa May, the Prime Minister is to admit her weakened position in a speech due Tuesday.

"And in the speech, on Tuesday, she will urge other parties to work with her on ideas to tackle "unfairness".

And 

"In her speech, the PM will say that though the result of June's election was not what she wanted, "those defining beliefs remain, my commitment to change in Britain is undimmed".

Her "belief in the potential of the British people and what we can achieve together as a nation remains steadfast, and the determination I have to get to grips with the challenges posed by a changing world never more sure", she will say.

She will say she is convinced that the path she set out in her first speech"

She is also looking at zero hours contracts, something Jeremy Corbyn wants to abolish.

If this is a new 'coordinated' idea of governing, she will manage to push through many policies that Labour didn't have the power to do.

On paper, this new cooperation provides great hope. But as always, the devil is in the detail.

Hope in our lifetime?

As an aside, she's hired a BBC reporter as her Press Secretary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40549253

Thanks

Paul Harries

On 7/10/2017 at 1:17 AM, PaulHarries said:

Hope in our lifetime?

Not while the odious Lib Dems are in parliament. I see the anti democracy candidate Tim Farron threatening to make life hell

Hi

In context -only if the Tories use the Bill as an excuse to erode worker's right's etc. Labour also saying same.

"If the government try any wheeze or trick to force through changes to vital protections, from workers' rights to the environment, they are playing with fire."

The SNP warned:

"People in Scotland deserve a commitment from the UK Government to categorically rule out the threat of a Westminster power grab of devolved powers at any time as a result of the Repeal Bill and the UK Government should give a cast iron guarantee that devolved powers will be increased."

However, this assurance was given:

But Steve Baker, a minister in the Department for Exiting the European Union, said: "This is a matter of converting EU law into UK law, it is not a matter of repealing and replacing."

As long as they stick to that there should be no problem.

Thanks

Paul Harries

We will see. In fact workers have more rights under UK law than under the EU

Hi

I understand why you're highlighting the Lib Dems here, but others are also weighing in to guarantee rights in the bill, even back bench Tories.

But you're right. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks

Paul Harries

I don't beleive any of them. Both Labour and the Lib Dems are determined to ignore our vote and keep us in the single market. Disgusting

Hi

Hmm, even David Davis wanted to stay in the Customs Union and Single Market just months ago.

We're not ignoring the vote either - the Tories don't even know what their policies are as seen by the conflicting reports from ministers. They even contradict their own positions as highlighted on PMQs. We have publicly accepted the vote - though many Tories still bicker about details.

So much for disgust when the government are so weak that they can't even get their own front benches to agree in public. Could be that they're heading for a leadership reshuffle?

Government indecision I call it. Get rid of the weakened Theresa May and replace her with a stronger PM. We need leadership, she's lost it.

I'm sure Rees Mogg would get the support of at least one person on these boards!

There's too much uncertainty. with ministers publicly disagreeing and the Labour opposition taking advantage trying to take us into another election.

To the Tories I say "get a grip" - we need strength not uncertainty entering Brexit talks.

Here's hoping that we get a stable government soon

Paul Harries

6 hours ago, PaulHarries said:

We're not ignoring the vote either

Yes you are. I hear nothing but how we must remain from lib dems

6 hours ago, PaulHarries said:

Here's hoping that we get a stable government soon

You have one. BRITISH exports have boomed by a massive 5.8 per cent since the country voted to leave the European Union, new Government figures revealed last night.Unemployment best for years and the economy doing well. I've lived through many governments over the last 60 years and this one is no different in essence from any of them.

Hi

No you're NOT hearing it from me. So not every Lib Dem does what you say.

And tell me how an in-fighting bickering 'government' is stable? It depends on EVERY Tory back bencher to vote with the government plus ALL the DUP votes to pass any bill, Already back-benchers demanding that nothing is done to erode worker's rights or they will vote against. Hence the assurance given as I said.

Exports will always do well when the pound plummets. Imports, however, (on which we depend) go up.

We import food, fuel, raw materials etc.Even the electricity power plants are owned mostly by France and China, so that costs more.

The Prime Minister won't even commit to still be in power next election, so expect changes there.

Waiting to see a strong leader take her place as soon as possible for the sake of all of us.

Thanks

Paul Harries

3 minutes ago, PaulHarries said:

NOT hearing it from me

Fair enough but you must admit this is what we get from lib dems.

EU tariffs on non EU food imports is c.22% After Brexit UK government could reduce or scrap resulting in substantially lower food prices

The International Trade Secretary suggested that the only way the UK will not agree a deal with the bloc is if “politics got in the way”. 

“This should be the easiest free-trade agreement in the history of mankind, we’re beginning from a position where we have zero tariffs already and we have 100 percent regulatory and legal equivalence,” he said.

“The only reason why we wouldn’t get a very liberal, open, agreement is because politics got in the way of economics and prosperity. That would be a great pity.”

Hi

Some Lib Dems still have a problem with it, as do all the other parties, even some Tories to some extent.

The issue with politics is something we can all agree on, no matter which colour our politics are.

Thanks

Paul Harries

Eddie likes this

Hi

Just right wing Daily Express propaganda again. Stirring for the sake of distracting from the problems within the Tory ranks. He's not even an MP any more, that's how desperate the paper is.

Welsh and Scottish governments seeking to block the EU bill if the govt. tries to push it through without their consent. That's more of a problem and real crisis than the Express's meanderings.

Then the fact Tony Blair muddying the waters suggesting that the EU may 'adjust' over free movement to allow Britain to stay in.

Think that's more important than a right wing daily whinging.

Thanks

Paul Harries

You don't think he said it then :wacko:

Blaire isn't an mp either Paul

Hi

Didn't say that at all.

just challenging obsession with deriding Lib Dems, while ignoring bigger problems elsewhere.

Scottish and Welsh governments putting UK government on notice, as well as the Tories own back benches. They can bring this government down, We can't. 

But you're not reporting the major issues.

Paul Harries

Eddie likes this

Who could resist taking the mick out of someone who says under 30s should get 2 votes ?

Hi

Or resist a Prime Minister who went back on manifesto promise and a public promise not to run an election. Only to lose her majority and weaken her parliamentary position?

We could continue slinging mud at people, or concentrate on the issues at hand. Plenty of more critical issues to concentrate on.

Rubbishing Lib Dems while losing a Government?

I'm not so foolish.

Thanks

Paul Harries

Hi

When asked about Tory splits and leaks over Brexit, David Cameron said:

Amid reports of an outbreak of cabinet infighting over Brexit, Mr Cameron was asked if there were any of his former colleagues who should be sent on a National Citizen Service course, which can involve outdoor team-building activities for 16 and 17-year-olds.

He replied: "If it involved crossing a very, very dangerous river on a raft, I can think of a few I'd want to strap together."

Thanks

Paul Harries

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40630843