Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulHarries

Great Time Out at Glasshouse Pub

11 posts in this topic

Hi

Spent a lovely afternoon at Glasshouse pub this afternoon with Eddie. Will have to find out if they do full meals. (Looking for place to eat out with family on Monday evening).

Lovely sandwiches in a natural backdrop, Lots of greenery and lovely drive getting there.

Thanks Eddie

Paul Harries

Hi

Thanks for that. I'll let my sister know.

Thanks again

Paul Harries

Glad you enjoyed it. Don't forget they don't allow children under the age of 14 inside the pub but you can take them into the garden

paul.jpg

Hi

Off there again with sister & her family on Monday evening. Gonna try more than just a sandwich (which was good) this time.

Paul Harries

Eddie likes this

When we went there for Sunday lunch I had the belly pork and it was wonderful. Have a great evening Paul.

Hi

Just got back. There were 6 of us, cheaper than I thought.

Had the steak, it was wonderful. (Would have had the gammon, but my sister detests smell of eggs)

Nephew had the gammon (without eggs) but couldn't finish it. Did you know the uncooked gammon weighs in about 32 oz?

Much leftovers for both my sister's and friend's dogs, so they wouldn't miss out.

Had great time, thanks for showing me the place.

Paul Harries

Eddie likes this

Hi Paul,

No wonder your Nephew couldn't finish it if it was 32oz that would last me most of the week.

Glad you all had a good time.

Eddie likes this

Hi

Yeah. Was a good call Eddie taking me there last week. We all looked on in amazement at the beast of a gammon. We asked what size it was and the waitress said 2lb! Poor lad it was too much even for him.

Still, doggie bags abounded and their labrador would have been well fed on their return. As would Fiona's bassett hound with her doggie bag.

Nice to know there was enough for the friends left at home!

Thanks again

Paul Harries

Eddie likes this

Hi

Nearing that time of year again.

Looking forward to a repeat of last year and solving my 'steak envy' of that mammoth gammon!

Brother in law suggests there is an alternative in a steak house at the quays.

Nah - my (small) NHS pension just started coming in (only have to be 60), so I'll go for the 1st option. (Assuming my brother in law gets us there)!

Thanks

Paul Harries

You can't beat The Glasshouse Paul. We often go there for Sunday lunch with doggy bag in handbag for a  beef sarnie later on in the evening. You can't beat it.