Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vanda

Strawberries.

5 posts in this topic

We have planted a lot of Strawberry plants in the garden this year and they are coming along nicely. They are flowering and starting to fruit. I thought I would put some straw around the plants to protect them from the slugs and snails. Bad mistake. The straw looked fine for a couple of hours but when we got up this morning the birds had been having a hay day with the straw. Obviously they wanted it for their nests :o

Hi

That's the one thing we never manged to grow properly - strawberries. We had 7 fruit trees and a wealth of raspberries in our garden in Barnwood

Used to come home from school in summer, pick some raspberries, wash them put them in a blender with ice and some cornish vanilla ice cream. Happy memories!

You dong the same with your strawberries? They must be georgeous with ice cream.

Thanks

Paul Harries

They aren't hard to grow. 

I agree with ice cream they are the king of fruits. This year we have them in the garden, in hanging baskets and planters

Hi

Horses for courses. Sorry Vanda, clotted cream not my thing. Cornish dairy ice cream, however........... :)

Thanks

Paul Harries