Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gloster_Wolf

General Election - June 8th

90 posts in this topic

I think you failed to get my point, as you often do these days. It's not about rights of free association, or disagreement. You rather crassly stated that members of this board were responsible for your stroke (and you're still implying it, even now). I suggested that you should take responsibility for your own actions. If I thought anything I read on these boards, any conversation I might become involved in, could raise my blood pressure, even, then as a carer, I would owe it to my family to take no further part on these boards. But I am confident that it won't. On the contrary, such social activity stimulates the brain, warding off the likelyhood of dementia, for example.

So if you want to 'debate and learn', fine, as long as you stop making lazy, self-serving accusations against other contributors, and over-reacting to life in general.

And I'll wish you well anytime you want to contribute one iota to the thread about the partnership you used to be on the committee of, and help to get answers about its still unreported dissolution.

Hi

No, you deliberately fail to see the truth. Again. Personal comments made to me led to my too high blood pressure which contributed to my stroke. Never said it was deliberate, just a consequence.

Suggesting that a stroke survivor might not be here in 7 weeks is rather crass, in my opinion. By saying that I have to stay away because of my health denies your own responsibility to be civil. And what "lazy, self serving accusations" have I made, please? Be specific, or is it just yet even more disinformation from you?

I'd remind you that I'm not the only member of that committee, but the only one recovering from a stroke. Try the others if you are able, or are you blaming me for everything now? I said when I've recovered I'd try and get the funds to report the dissolution of the Partnership publicly, but until then I've reported it here. You'll just have to wait until i can write again (Not just type one fingered with left hand).

Paul Harries

Before Eddie, or whoever is is in charge fo the boards now, decided that this 'has degenerated into an argument between 2 people', and closes the topic, I'll just note that you're throwing the word 'deliberate' around with gay abandon here, when I didn't. If I let that pass, I could soon find myself banned (again) for allegedly claiming that posters 'deliberately' sought to upset you. And I'm going to do my damnedest to see that that never happens again.

And you compound your fault in your first sentence. A lot of people came a cropper during the Gulf War, by accusing George W Bush of 'lying' about WMDs, when they could not prove that he was simply not properly informed. But you tell me I'm doing something 'deliberately'. Can you prove that, or is it just a 'lazy, self-serving accusation'? And will anyone else here agree with you that that's '[even!!] more disinformation' from me, or an accurate assessment of the kind fo statements you've been making for months now, and certainly prior to your stroke?

I never asked you to write a dissertation about the partnership, just ot put a simple, one sentence question to people who have made excuses for not speaking to me about publicly announcing the dissolution, and publishing documents. I could even write the sentence for you, if it helps, but you seem quite capable of churning out whole paragraphs on far more trivial matters.

And I could have posted that last part to the thread that you have finally made a reply to, but then I see that your response was not relevant to that thread, just more defensiveness about your alleged achievements. Just show us one real accomplishment*, before I compel one of our councillors to give me answers, at the one time they find it hard to ignore constituents.

*your question to Richard Graham about the local emergency plan having told us nothing yet about who is in charge of it our area, with no further word for the county council..

Joe I somewhat see where you're coming from - I also disliked the insinuation Paul made that these forums were in some way responsible for his stroke. And Paul, FWIW, you may not have intended to say that but that is how it came across to me as well. However Joe, your recent comments on this thread have been exceedingly crass in my opinion. If you wanted to suggest that Paul should avoid the forums you could have done exactly that. 

I'm not a moderator but I do want to discuss the election, or read about others views on the election: could we get back to the topic at hand and avoid personal comments!

Eddie likes this

Yes "agenda setting". Always a danger with purveyors of 'truth', it is easy to downplay one story and aggrandise another. However the BBC takes this to uncharted extremes. It always has been biased, though the Blair years were at least entertaining as pro-Blair and pro-Brown factions emerged in the BBC. Since 2010 they don't seem to be pulling off the bias with their traditional finesse. It has become pretty obvious to most people I think. 

Eddie likes this

I see Nigel Farage has announced he might stand and that if he does so "he will win". Rubbish, he's not won a (UK) parliamentary seat yet with many attempts, no reason to think he would stand a better chance now than in 2015.

3 hours ago, AlexMcKee said:

Joe I somewhat see where you're coming from - I also disliked the insinuation Paul made that these forums were in some way responsible for his stroke. And Paul, FWIW, you may not have intended to say that but that is how it came across to me as well. However Joe, your recent comments on this thread have been exceedingly crass in my opinion. If you wanted to suggest that Paul should avoid the forums you could have done exactly that. 

I'm not a moderator but I do want to discuss the election, or read about others views on the election: could we get back to the topic at hand and avoid personal comments!

Then hopefully it will  be possible for this to be my last word on this. Yes, if I'd 'wanted to suggest that Paul should avoid the forums', I could have done exactly that, but I didn't, and took exception to him suggesting that that was my intention. You 'see were I'm coming from', so you get my point about groundless accusations, but if you think I've been any crasser than Paul, that's your opinion. It's not mine, and if he's getting special dispensation to play loose with the truth simply because he had a stroke, then anyone who wants to challenge his questionable views is going to be at a disadvantage. I didn't think political correctness held sway over these boards.

So Jeremy Corbyn seems perilously close to a Miliband style 'Hell, yeah!!!' moment. His ostensible groundedness has been his USP up to now. If he goes all Howard Dean on us, this could be an electoral bloodbath...

37 minutes ago, Joe Kilker said:

I didn't think political correctness held sway over these boards.

It doesn't. On the other hand it sometimes pays to step back. I have consistently tried to allow any topics here and all views are welcome. Can we all try and be a litle less personal. 

1 hour ago, Joe Kilker said:

So Jeremy Corbyn seems perilously close to a Miliband style 'Hell, yeah!!!' moment. His ostensible groundedness has been his USP up to now. If he goes all Howard Dean on us, this could be an electoral bloodbath...

I have a feeling this is going to be somewhat funny, though the fact there's no credible opposition is lamentable.

Hi

Just saw he's not (Nigel Farage)

"The MEP told the Daily Telegraph he could have had an "easy win" in the former UKIP seat of Clacton but had decided to "fight for Brexit in Europe" instead."

Thanks

Paul Harries

1 hour ago, PaulHarries said:

Just saw he's not (Nigel Farage)

"The MEP told the Daily Telegraph he could have had an "easy win" in the former UKIP seat of Clacton but had decided to "fight for Brexit in Europe" instead."

Hah. Carswell has a strong personal vote which is largely why he held his seat in 2015 and in the by-election when he defected. I expect he's lost some of that with recent events but Farage would not have had an easy time of it.

Hi

Carswell not standing either.

Thanks

Paul Harries

Hi

Probably. I'm  just interested in whether Vince Cable gets his seat back.

Thanks

Paul Harries

11 hours ago, PaulHarries said:

Probably. I'm  just interested in whether Vince Cable gets his seat back.

Bit parochial of you, isn't it? :)

I see he is still fighting last years fight.

Eddie likes this

Sadly the Liberal Democrats had stated they wanted to "grind the business of government to a standstill. How very progressive of them

Hi

Don't think it's parochial, I just like the guy. Same goes for Hilary Benn.

Interesting to take a quote out of context and ignore absolutely everything else in the manifesto.

Paul Harries

Hi

We know how the election process works, thank you.

Remind you that the Tories were happy to share Govt. with us, though it cost us dearly the next general election. Looking forward to winning more seats this one.

Paul Harries