Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Kilker

Still no news of the neighbourhood partnership's demise

56 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm no longer a candidate for anything, in my current condition.

I have no moral obligations to tell you absolutely anything. I've told you what I've found out, and that's it.

Mr Ryman (spelling)? agreed to get notice published, as far as I remember. He may have forgotten, but that's on him.

I've far too much to do with so little energy left after the stroke. Nothing more I can do for you.

Paul Harries

Oh well, I guess it's time to ask Ismael Rhyman, then.

'Moral' didn't sound like quite the right word, more like an obligation to uphold the good name of your party (which you associate yourself with constantly, using the word 'we'), by demonstrating engagement with the community.

I'll remind you that currently, almost a year since the partnership's demise, there is no residents group of any kind in Barton, and no councillor giving any sign that this will change. Rhyman might have changed his email, but I'll bet Ahmed Hansdot hasn't, and he shouldn't get away with telling barefaced lies. He still hasn't produced the AGM minutes, whenever he says it happened. He isn't too precise with a date, either, but the minutes for the committee meeting prior to that will have that date, and any dodgy decisions about keeping the AGM quiet, to 'keep the troublemakers away' in Gordon Barrington's words (which is what led to the dissolution, after all, due to the poor turnout).

Whoever's prepared to help, this will be over way before Christmas.

Hi

I agree with you about no residents group here.

I miss the old days of the Community Counts. Regular meetings of the Police Panel, developers etc. I also miss my health and energy.

People were consulted and their opinions were acted upon. It's demise isn't the fault of any party, t's the fault of ALL parties.

Maybe someone will pick up all the fragments and make something whole? Probably not in my lifetime, but you're much younger and in better health. May just be some hope in your lifetime.

Just too tired for anything now. And that's a shame.

Paul Harries

Well, I can't help thinking that it's not the fault of the party who was kept out of the meeting while all other parties colluded in a lie to keep him out, and still can't be honest about that, or supply the last partnership minutes that might shed more  light on the deception.

And I just turned 51 yesterday (thought I doubt I'll be turning up at GOPRA meetings anytime soon).

Hi

I see you have the same typing problems as I do. It's GOPA
They have AGM's open to the public. Other meetings aren't. They do a lot of work in the background whether or not you're there.

If you want the Agenda for next AGM, I'll happily pass it on. You'll find a refreshing change in management style.

Thanks

Paul Harries

I don't think it's the same 'typing problem'. More like, given how I'm usually treated by people leading organisations, certain of their moral superiority, why should it matter if I get their acronyms right or not?

But pass on the agenda, and I'll see if it is refreshing...

Since Hansdot didn't reply, after three weeks, I've sent another WTT message with the text of the ignored email, prefaced by this:

As you didn't reply to the email I sent you in response to *your* response to the Write To Them (despite a promise to provide me with minutes to the last AGM, *whenever* it took place), seemingly it takes a WTT communication to get an answer. So here is the text of my email, three weeks after you ignored it...