Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Kilker

Still no news of the neighbourhood partnership's demise

56 posts in this topic

There is a chance, in the coming days, that I will finally be able to compel a statement from Ahmed Hansdot about the partnership's current status (and this mysterious 'solicitor' Usman Bhaimia spoke of). With no-one else ponying up, it's my best current option...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Thanks, it will probably be quicker than me waiting to be able to write  again.
 

Paul Harries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PaulHarries said:

Hi

Thanks, it will probably be quicker than me waiting to be able to write  again.
 

Paul Harries

Not really. I need two things from Ahmed Hansdot. Firstly, a categorical (and informed) 'Yes' or 'No' (or even 'Y/N') to the question of whether the partnership still exists, with or without a solicitor (which I thought Ismael Rhyman was). Secondly, the minutes for Last September's AGM, and for the previous year's, which should have been presented at the last AGM. Possibly also, minutes for at least the last three committee meetings (which the constitution states residents can ask to see as well, not just the ones for public meetings).

None of these require much writing on your part. If you were sent these documents by email ,you could even copy and paste them onto this page. That seven months down the line, you still don't have a definitive answer about the partnership, nor any news on subsequent meetings to spitball about a replacement, or at least create a Barton version of TETRA, is typical of someone who talks a good game (well, a game), but never delivers results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

|'ve said many times the partnership has closed. (I wanted it to continue, but now I'm no fit state to help with that).

Only docs I have are these. All the other stuff is just Development Control . As to writing - a statement has to be made, which has to be signed off. Something I'm months away from doing.

I thought we weren't posting personal comments here? Or does that only apply to the rest of us?

Paul Harries

btnp agenda 2016.docx

btnp minutes of 2015 agm.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on whether your interpretation of 'personal' is so restrictive as to prevent practically anything from being said. I'd expect even a 'paper' candidate to find little to trigger them in the above post, but then, I've never threatened to sue Kay Powell for expressing an opinion.

So you don't even have physical copies, despite attending the AGM. I recall you stating that you put your name forward at that AGM to keep the partnership going, but that you were short one person to volunteer as secretary. This made me wonder, in hindsight, just how far the meeting got before people started trying to shut down the organisation? While I was still just outside the room, arguing with 'Elder Saunders' about where the AGM was, and if it had started?

I did say 'informed'. There's a big difference between your expressed opinion that the partnership has dissolved (or Tony Ward's, outside the 'Trust Centre; that night), and an official statement of dissolution.

Throw me this bone. I can't swear that I saw Ismael Rhyman at that AGM, looking back. I only had a quick glimpse of the room, and even my camera got little more than a brief shot of Tony Ward, before 'Scarface' blocked the door. You can type a simple 'Y' or 'N' as to whether Rhyman was there, confirming that what he told Usman Bhaimia about 'not being involved with the partnership for years' was a complete falsehood. That would make my questioning of Hansdot a lot easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PaulHarries said:

Only docs I have are these. All the other stuff is just Development Control . As to writing - a statement has to be made, which has to be signed off. Something I'm months away from doing.

I meant to say about that. I could email you all the questions that need answers, and you forward them to Hansdot, Rhyman, Jackie Hurley, Marilyn Balderstone, etc, unless you are still blocking my emails, which I assume you have done, because that is the 'advice' the police gave me about my own cyber stalker, rather than  issuing him with a 'Police Information Notice'.

I'll take a look at that agenda, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd forgotten that the last year's minutes had been posted on the partnership's largely neglected Facebook page. I recall now commenting that it was far more perfunctory than what Phillip Lowery described as my 'mere notes' which described the 2011 AGM, and included this paragraph: 

4. Adoption of new/revised constitution - the new constitution was passed around, but alterations were not discussed. Gordon proposed adoption and Ismail [Ismael?] seconded. However, a vote was not taken, and would not be valid, as the meeting was not quorate.

(which couldn't be real reason Lowery tartly rejected my minutes at 2012's AGM).

Was there a 'guest speaker' in September, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I was asked by the police not to encourage you after you entered my building without authorisation and door-stopped me. Thankfully that era seems to be over.

I believe Ismael was there, but can't be certain. He used to be there on behalf of the council, but that role changed. He eventually attended as a citizen/committee member.

I wanted the partnership to continue, but all the main committee members were already of a mind to quit. One of them was moving away, so understandable. Now, of course I'm not physically able to continue anyways. 

I can confirm here, I was not happy with that decision. Even tried unsuccessfully to create another committee, but fell short of members. Still not happy, but  not able to continue.

Paul Harries

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

'Guest Speaker' was there as listed.

Thanks

Paul Harries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Seems much of the hard work of Community Trust has now been eroded.
No:

Police/Citizen Committee
BTNP
BTCT

Community Liason re Development in the area

Etc

All falling apart

Grr

Paul Harries

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PaulHarries said:

Hi

I was asked by the police not to encourage you after you entered my building without authorisation and door-stopped me. Thankfully that era seems to be over.

You're talking about the three occasions, over several weeks, I entered the hallway of the flats you live in, as anyone could do, and knocked on your door, having three entirely affable, if unproductive, conversations about the partnership and BTCT with you. You have a different recollection, of the last one at least, where you supposedly told me not to visit you again, which is what you apparently told the police. I have the email in which you actually told me, following my own email where I suggested that you hadn't accomplished very much in your time with the partnership. I wouldn't have said that if I thought there was any point in a fourth visit, so the police notice was as unnecessary as it was undeserved.

Rhyman was not only a committee member, but the partnership's last chair, unless anyone else was elected/selected since the 2015 meeting, and there is no record of that. So his lie to Bhamia is pretty much confirmed.

You could still find a replacement for the partnership, like a residents' assocation, but only by putting it on record with our councillors, and council workers like Rhyman and Verona Vidal, that answers are still required. Until then, you're letting them, the skulkers in backrooms, off the hook.

And the agenda says 'guest speaker', but not who. No minutes to say who it was, or if it was anyone, if you can't remember. Perhaps in the rush to dissolve, that was dispensed with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Rhyman  as the last chair of the BTNP. He was there as a local citizen, nothing to do with council at that time.

Just remember the speaker was a woman. Thought her name was in one of the documents I listed?

Thanks

Paul Harries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No-one in those two documents who wasn't a committee member. Louisa Jones is a woman of many talents. perhaps she gave a talk on gardening?
 

To compare, here are my 'mere notes' on the 2011 AGM. Note item 9. After the fact, Sally Pickering claimed she wasn't asked to chair the committee elections (as well as being the guest speaker), despite being asked, and agreeing to, by email. My mention of the two day advance notice of nominations being 'largely ignored' wouldn't have been welcome, either. I seem to have miscounted the residents, though. There were 15, not '16', even shorter of the twenty required.

Never did find out what happened to that petrol-fueled generator.

 

Barton & Tredworth Neighbourhood Partnership

 

Notes of Annual General Meeting held at Anglo-Asian Centre on Monday 9th May 2011 6:30pm

 

Attendance:

 

Residents: John Ewers, Joe Kilker, Imran Atcha, Robert Simpson, Gordon Barrington, Lily Chen, Philip Lowery, Ahmed Hansdot, Attila Konya, Sonia Friend, Shaun Shute, Reyaz Limalia, Ismael Rhyman, Paul Harries, Lorraine Mutty (16).

 

Also: Bren McInerney, Sally Pickering, Lyn Scudamore, Mohammed Patel, Ismail Surty, Adam Fotheringham, Ollie Taylor.

 

1. Registration.

 

2. Tony Ward welcomed everyone in attendance. He explained that he had taken over as chair from Gordon Barrington, and that Gordon had taken on the role of treasurer, and was doing an ‘excellent job’. As well as recently re-established police panel and Street Reps groups, a disabilties group had been set up, and was showing great potential. Tony thanked various organisations for their assistance, such as Gloucester City Homes, the Safer Communities team and GAVCA, and wished our former council liaison Vera Li well in her new role. Noting the reduction in partnership funding from £1,000 to £2,000, he gave the floor to the first guest speaker.

 

3. Sally Pickering, of GAVCA, spoke about the Big Society, localism and public spending cuts.

 

4. Adoption of new/revised constitution - the new constitution was passed around, but alterations were not discussed. Gordon proposed adoption and Ismail [Ismael?] seconded. However, a vote was not taken, and would not be valid, as the meeting was not quorate.

 

5. Financial report -  Gordon Barrington told the meeting that the partnership currently had £4,061.27, which, after restricted funds for various projects and groups were excluded, left a balance of £1,764.81, leaving the partnership able to apply for a council grant in 2011. Gordon was having difficulty getting a statement from the bank, which would take another thirty days to arrive. John Ewers felt that this was not the way for a professional organisation to present accounts. A long conversation ensued about whether accounts should be audited professionally for the partnership. The report could not be adopted at the AGM due to the bank statement‘s delay.  Gordon also noted that the partnership had received a portable petrol-fueled generator in lieu of a donation, which raised the prospect of hiring it out to raise extra funds.

 

6. Action Groups.

 

Reports by: Bren McInerney, for Health & Well-being

                    Attila Konya, for Street Reps

                    Mohammed Patel, for Youth

                   

7. Community events - Tony Ward announced that the St James’ Fun Day had been a big success. Later in the year, the partnership would be holding the Barton Fayre in St James’ Park, Alan Myatt having passed the organising of it to Tony.

 

8. Second guest speaker - Adam Fotheringham, of Hidden Lives.

 

9. Elections chaired by Sally Pickering - the one revision to the election procedure of  nominations being required at least two days in advance, as with the Barton & Tredworth Community Trust, being largely ignored, Tony Ward remained as chair, Joe Kilker as secretary, and Gordon Barrington as treasurer. There were no nominations for vice chair. The other Co-ordination members also remained the same, including the ‘7 representatives from the action groups‘. Bren McInerney and Mohammed Patel were co-opted as non-residents, having no voting rights.

 

10. Any Other Business:

 

 Ahmed Hansdot requested £75 for a street party. Proposed by Gordon Barrington.

 

Paul Harries asked if a previous occurrence of planning applications in the ward being subject to public discussion might be revived. Gordon said that the planning department were now sending planning applications to the partnership each week by email, and anyone interested in having them forwarded could contact the secretary.

 

Mohammed Patel suggested having a communications officer to promote shorter, structured meetings at regular dates, so that people without two hours to spare might attend.

 

11. Next meeting to be confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now Increase the Peace has closed down - temporarily, I hope. I know that not everyone likes them, but they do help to occupy the kids on my estate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Bad news all around Kay it seems.

There is a 'Paws on Patrol' event soon.

I can't make it - problems walking that far, but I hope it's a successful event.

Paul Harries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kay Powell said:

And now Increase the Peace has closed down - temporarily, I hope. I know that not everyone likes them, but they do help to occupy the kids on my estate. 

They should have been able to maintain their funding by other streams, without relying on Surl. Perhaps Delroy was too generous with his own salary?

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/gloucester-youth-charity-increase-the-peace-temporarily-closes-due-to-lack-of-funding/story-30295803-detail/story.html

I went down to Parry Hall once, when a police drop-in was scheduled. Ellis told me they didn't visit on that day of the week, despite the fact that it was on a notice displayed elsewhere, in black and white. Doesn't speak much for his competence, or honesty, take your pick. But then, in the early days of Increase The Peace, when the partnership helped Ellis get the use of the 'Trust Centre', with a bit of police cash chipped in, I popped down to the centre, and asked Ellis about joining ITP's board. A long shot, to provide a bit of scrutiny. He told me I'd have to speak to Lynn Northfield, of Barton police. That led to a long, fruitless email conversation, where the question of joining the committee never came up. It turned out in the end that the board was nothing to do with Northfield, and Ellis was exactly the person, as chairman, I'd needed to speak to.

So maybe if they could manage to be a bit more 'transparent and acountable', they'd get more support, financially and otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After waiting over a month for any assistance from Ahmed Hansdot, I've finally sent a Write to them post, Twitlongered to the Gloucester Labour party's Twitter account:

Attn: Cllr Said Hansdot
Barton & Tredworth

Friday 21 July 2017

 

Dear Said Hansdot,

As the date is now July 21st, it's been well over a month since I asked you at Gloucester Park on June 17th, before the local Labour party's austerity march, to provide me with the minutes for the Barton & Tredworth Neighbourhood Partnership's final AGM last September. You promised to do your 'best' to do so, on video.

Up to now, your best doesn't seem to have achieved anything, so I'm writing this to find out how far you have gone in your 'best' efforts. Have you asked the partnership's last chair, Ismael Rhyman, for this information, or the partnership's last secretary (as a committee member, you should have a better idea of who this is, residents being kept well out of the loop)?

Can you shed further light on the claim by Paul Harries that a 'subsequent' meeting took place after the AGM to discuss the dissolution (called for at an AGM we residents received almost no notification of, to keep 'troublemakers' away, according to Gordon Barrington)? Would you be able to get minutes for that meeting?

Finally, what can you tell me about any efforts to create a replacement for the partnership, since Tony Ward refuses to allow Barton residents to attend TETRA meeting (and makes it pretty hard even for Tredworth residents, by not advertising these meetings on the community noticeboard I pushed to be installed, though Tony Ward took all the credit, and controls what is put on the board)?

Actually, since we're on the subject of residents having no means of being heard by the authorities (as neither you, nor any of our councillors hold surgeries), will you confirm that you are aware of the prospect of the riding arena at St. James' Farm being extended further into the park, and that this is the only possible reason for the construction of stables between the arena and the farm, which planning permission was not sought for, as well as a request by the applicant (presumably successfully?) for condition 9 in the application to be dismissed, so that two trees which would have been an obstacle to expansion didn't need to, and haven't been, replaced?

Or at least, that you're aware now, and this won't be a huge surprise to you or your fellow ward councillors, if/when it happens?

(The city council has been made aware of the above breach of planning rules, has known about it since March at least, so it would be quite amazing if word *hadn't* reached you)

Joe Kilker

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq20fb?new_post=true

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Spoke to Ismael Rhyman couple weeks ago and said that there needed to be a public announcement, preferably in the Citizen to say the BTNP has wound down.

He said that he's changed email address so that is why my emails over last 6 months haven't got through.

As for lack of public consultation - that would be a case for a public question at a public meeting of the council.

Ask for the whole assembly to discuss the question since it affects democracy at it's core. I can provide proof of when Paul James disallowed discussion and said that council officers would answer. (India Road crossing debate. Council answer was no crossing was needed as less people would use Sainsburies Express than the previous pub). Should still have the reply.

Paul Harries

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this discussion about the meeting in September (which I recorded from the lobby) and Ahmed Hansdot says it could not have happened. My email response (and this is not a private correspondence, obviously):

 

You are the 'relevant people'. You have been on the partnership committee for years, and presumably up to the point of its dissolution? If Ismael Rhyman (who you see regualrly, as he works for the city council) or any other officer of the partnership (whoever they might be) would answer my questions, I wouldn't need to talk to you, but as things stand...

If you are saying that the partnership was dissolved months before September, in much the way that Rhyman told Usman Bhaimia that he hadn't been 'involved with the partnership for years', then Paul Harries says otherwise (as did the poster sellotaped to the outside of the old noticeboard across the road from One_Eyed Jacks, see attached). That means, doesn't it, that one of you can't be telling the truth? Or to put it another way, 'lying'? Or to put it as Sajid Patel did to a county council officer, 'lying' and 'incompetent'?

If you want to clear that up, just do as I requested, and show me the documents for the last AGM, with the discussion on dissolution, whenever it's supposed to have happened. We'll get to any subsequent meetings once you've done that. Though if what you say is true, your 'best' would have been to tell me what you just have over a month ago. And tell me, let's not forget, about any suggested replacement for the partnership in Barton, which now has nothing?

So you are a city councillor, and you have 'no involvement with TETRA'? Have you not even requested that minutes of meetings be sent to you? I find that level of indifference from a councillor staggering. But I didn't ask you any questions about TETRA.

And again, you are claiming now that the riding arena you did so much to support, you and your fellow councillors, is just some minor application in the ward that you aren't particularly kept informed of? Don't duck the question. I'm sure you're quite capable of asking the Friendship Café to confirm or deny the expansion, and failure to seek planning permission for the stables. I'm asking you to do this as my councillor. It's called casework, and not the most arduous task you are likely to have on your plate.


Joe Kilker

 
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Ahmed S. Hansdot <ahmed.hansdot@gloucester.gov.uk>
To: Joe Kilker <fyr-natwhug4jz_pfb3vvyyh3fmi64gp4u@writetothem.com>
Sent: Mon, Jul 24, 2017 8:35 am
 
Dear Mr Kilker,
 
There was no meeting in September as the partnership had been dissolved months beforehand. If you want any more information regarding that I suggest seeking the relevant people or the charity commission. 
 
To the best of my knowledge, there was no subsequent meeting due to the dissolution of the partnership.
 
I have no involvement with TETRA so I'm afraid I wouldn't be the best person to ask. 
 
I wasn't informed or made aware of the St James issue. There are a lot of planning projects in the area so I am not personally informed of each and every application that arises in my ward.
 
Regards
 
Cllr Hansdot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that in the email quoted above, Ahmed Hansdot has directly contradicted Paul Harries about the September AGM/dissolution on at least two counts, I would have expected the latter to have contributed to this discussion again, instead of just squabbling with Eddie over Brexit. I've now taken him off ignore for now, so I'm less likely to miss such a contribution. Hope springs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I can't comment on what others have told you.

There was a meeting in September, still have the emails.

Since the partnership is closed, I now have nothing to do with it. I've notified the ex-chair that we need to publish the partnership's demise.

Thanks

Paul Harries

Agenda btnp.docx

agenda btnp1.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't comment on a Barton & Tredworth city councillor specifically denying that an AGM you attended, and I tried to, ever took place? A Labour councillor who, as a Lib Dem supporter, if not prospective candidate, you would have every reason to call out for speaking such an untruth?

The partnership isn't officially closed until that closure is officially announced, as you say you've asked the ex-chair to do. The ex-chair, assuming that's Ismael Rhyman, who has also told a falsehood, in telling Usman Bhaimia that he hadn't been involved with the partnership for years. Can you confirm that ex-chair was Rhyman, and did he give an answer to your question on publishing the demise when he said he'd changed his email address (I've just seen your message from the 23rd, Ignore really does make posts easy to overlook).

Still no reply from Hansdot, although when I stipulated my request as constituency casework. Jonathan Lund, of the city council, would say that even this doesn't constitute a breach of 'probity and ethics', I suppose.

 

I just sent this to the city council:

Since at least March 28th of this year, over four months ago, Gloucester City Council planning department has been aware of my request for information below, but on the alleged grounds of low staffing levels, has failed to provide an answer.

I would like to have this answer at tomorrow's planning meeting, as well as a confirmation that Ahmed Hansdot has failed to give, after a full week, that he will, as casework for a resident, find out if the construction of the stables signals further expansion of the arena into St. James Park (and towards Upton St?), in an area already desperately short of green space.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/planning_application_for_horse_a#outgoing-668474

 

Dear Gloucester City Council,

 

Please provide the documentation regarding the application for the building which has recently been constructed between St. James' City Farm and the riding arena, on Albany St, and which is currently being used to stable horses. I am unable to find any such documents on the city council's planning site.

Yours faithfully,

 

Joe Kilker

 

 

July 26th:

Ahmed Hansdot, by email: I wasn't informed or made aware of the St James issue. There are a lot of planning projects in the area so I am not personally informed of each and every application that arises in my ward.

 

Me, by email: And again, you are claiming now that the riding arena you did so much to support, you and your fellow councillors, is just some minor application in the ward that you aren't particularly kept informed of? Don't duck the question. I'm sure you're quite capable of asking the Friendship Café to confirm or deny the expansion, and failure to seek planning permission for the stables. I'm asking you to do this as my councillor. It's called casework, and not the most arduous task you are likely to have on your plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Ismael was indeed the Chair when the BTNP folded.

Can't say who said what, or even who exactly was there at time. I know couple people weren't there who I was hoping they would be, Can't remember seeing any notes of that meeting, either.

I am not responsible for what anyone says. Truth or not. So don't try and say I am. All I can say was that I tried to keep the BTNP alive. I volunteered to act as Chair. Had a lady willing to be Vice-Chair. But we still needed a Treasurer and Secretary, so BTNP folded. That was last I heard. No-one contacted me after that. I went to farm event shortly after to see if anyone would help me resurrect the BTNP by acting on the committee. Was unsuccessful.

That's all I really know.

Paul Harries

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't say you are responsible for what anyone says. I am saying that anyone who claims that I don't get answers from people because of my attitude, as you have done, should feel a moral obligation to get the answers they can, to their own questions if nothing else. You asked Rhyman about publishing the dissolution notice. You didn't mention his response, or refusal to give one.

I'm thinking that with local Labour and Conservative councillors failing to help, and UKIP being of very limited help a few years back, and the Green party all but invisible in a ward so deprived of green spaces, I should ask the Liberal Democrats for help, as even prospective candidates take on casework. But who is that candidate in Barton & Tredworth? Is there one, even?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0