Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eddie

Gloucester mum who scarred two women walks free from court

4 posts in this topic

A Gloucester mum who left two other women scarred after attacking them in a city pub has walked free from court.

Alison Blake, of Beverstone Road, Tuffley, had a grudge against Tracy White and swung a cider bottle at her in the smoking area of the Nelson pub, Gloucester Crown Court heard.

But the bottle ricocheted off Ms White's head and hit the friend she was standing talking to, Yvonne Duffus, causing a wound to her forehead that was so deep her skull was exposed, said prosecutor Tim Hills.

Mr Hills had told the court Blake had seemed happy when she was in the pub and was even dancing along to the music. But her mood and attitude changed when she saw Ms White come in.

Blake was seen to quickly finish her drink and then hold the bottle by the neck as she walked towards Ms White and Ms Duffus and launched the attack which left a wound 3cm long and 3cm deep on Ms Duffus' forehead. Ms Duffus has a substantial scar from the attack.

A fight then broke out between Blake and Ms White. They were separated and held back by others but Blake broke free and attacked her again.

Mr Hills said: "She pulled Ms White's hair, pulling her to the floor, and continued to assault her. Ms White tried to defend herself but the defendant took her left hand, put it into her mouth, and bit down on her fingers.

"She kept biting down until a security man intervened and managed to prise Ms Whie's fingers out of her mouth. The security guard could see blood pouring out of the defendant's mouth."

he 42-year-old admitted unlawfully wounding Ms White and assaulting Ms Duffus causing actual bodily harm on August 23 last year.

In a victim impact statement Ms Duffus said: "Alison's behaviour was disgusting and she should not be allowed to get away with it. She showed no remorse. The effects of this attack will last a lifetime. I do not want to be left with a scar on my head which everyone will see day in and day out."

Kannan Siva, defending, said Blake was remorseful and had 'endured a very difficult background' and had suffered domestic violence. She had been suffering with depression and had been diagnosed with epilepsy, he added.

Judge Tabor told Blake he accepted she had been in an abusive relationship and had become mentally unwell.

"That may explain why a lady such as yourself behaved in this utterly deplorable way," he said.

"I think drink played a part but I also think you were not very well at the time."

Judge Jamie Tabor QC sentenced her to 15 months imprisonment suspended for two years.

He also ordered her to undertake a rehabilitation activity requirement and to pay £500 compensation to Ms Duffus and £200 to Ms White.

Read more: http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Gloucester-mum-scarred-women-walk-free-court/story-28865824-detail/story.html

Thanks for posting this, Eddie. They're not allowing comments on the Citizen website, presumably to protect the guilty. How can a judge think that such a vicious person should not be jailed? Is it simply because she is a woman? But then so were her victims. I don't know what society is coming to. No-one is responsible for anything that they do if they claim to be unhappy.

I know how you feel Kay

And just imagine how frightening it must be for her neighbours. They must always be wondering if she's going to get drunk and attack them. She should have been locked up and given psychiatric help to deal with her issues.