Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulHarries

Barton & Tredworth Neighbourhood Partnership AGM

5 posts in this topic

Hi

Just letting people know that our AGM is being held on Weds 22nd May, 6.30pm, at the Community Centre on Barton St.

Everyone who lives or works in the area is invited.

There will also be an election of officers at the meeting as well. I should be able to provide pdf's of the Nomination form & copy of our Constitution soon.

So, if you wish to support the work we do in our community, or just curious, please come along on May 22nd.

Thanks

Paul Harries

BTNP Committee Member

Hi Paul, perhaps you could find out if the neighbourhood partnership now covers the whole of the county council Barton & Tredworth division, or just the city Barton & Tredworth ward.

Hi

As far as I was aware there was no difference?

All three City Councillors & the County Councillor are automatically members of the committee, and too be fair, all but one of the city councillors attend regularly.

Thanks

Paul Harries

BTNP Committee Member

Hi

As far as I was aware there was no difference?

All three City Councillors & the County Councillor are automatically members of the committee, and too be fair, all but one of the city councillors attend regularly.

Thanks

Paul Harries

BTNP Committee Member

There's a huge difference. From 2nd May I will live in the Barton & Tredworth division, due to the boundary changes. So perhaps you could ask if the partnership is only for the city or also for the county. If the new county councillor for Barton & Tredworth is automatically a member, does this mean that anyone who has him or her as councillor will become a member?

I actually had no idea that there were any councillors on the committee. That seems like a really bad idea. The neighbourhood partnership was originally set up to represent the residents and businesses of the ward. It now seems to be run by a select few with axes to grind. Councillors already have a big say because they are councillors. Why should they also be on the committee?

Hi

I believe they are there because we are funded by the council, and they have been elected as the people's representatives to local government. (Though I might be wrong in this).

It could be that they aren't committee members per se, but attend as part of their council duties. (Other partner organisations also attend committee meetings)..

I'll check re the boundary changes & get back.

Main thing is for people to get involved in what happens in their community,

Thanks

Paul Harries