Eddie

Welcome

183 posts in this topic

Doughnut:

It was you I phoned....sometimes I get mixed up with these nicknames....

(now I know you two will start bickering again, but it's fun to read the wit, unlike others I could mention...people take themselves toooooo seriously, eh?)

Emma

The class is OVER...I just took the final and I came to library to get on the computer....I was absolutely worn out this semester. That class kicked my you-know-what.....anyway, I'm running home now to get some rest....I am going to lay my carcass down in front of the tele...oh, I got Dish Network tele and it has BBC America on it...it's wonderful.

When I am recoved, I will again start to post on here....Orion and Doughnut, be nice to each other!!!!

BFN (what happened to Tony Blackburn..oh, and Jimmy Saville???)

Oh Emmbritt, we are always nice to each other. Infact after your unfortunate mistake, Orions asked me round to cheer me up. He said he had something in the cellar which would make me feel better, he had finished brewing it ( or whatever they do with wine) in 1944 and he said it was a good vintage, sort of cordite flavoured.

Anyway, the long and the short of it all was that I was only in Intensive Care for two nights. I am suing of course, so there should be enough to pay for a private nurse to fly over and give me a bed bath!

Oh Emmbritt, we are always nice to each other. Infact after your unfortunate mistake, Orions asked me round to cheer me up. He said he had something in the cellar which would make me feel better, he had finished brewing it ( or whatever they do with wine) in 1944 and he said it was a good vintage, sort of cordite flavoured.

Anyway, the long and the short of it all was that I was only in Intensive Care for two nights. I am suing of course, so there should be enough to pay for a private nurse to fly over and give me a bed bath!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Doughnut:

You cheeky little monkey...gosh, how I would love to fly over to England. Not sure about the bed bath part though. Could I just take you out the back garden and get a hose???? I am so bloody homesick...but when I get out of nursing school I will be over.

It is so hot here...people are dying from the heat. 114 people so far. Most of them are homeless people....I've never known it to be this hot...anyway, toodles!

Emma

Now Embritt, when you said it warms the cockles of me 'eart, it did me good. See 'cos I'm from good East End stock. Although I was born in Hertfordshire, where they moved to get away from the bombing, Dad came from Salmon Lane Stepney and Mum from Poplar/Canning Town. I was brought up between Hoddesdon and the East End.

Now we have another connection. My cousin's daughter is one of the stars of EastEnders. She is just about to appear on the Celebrity Fame Academy. So if you get UK programs where you are, keep an eye out for her. You will understand the family link when you see her good looks!

Made me mad when I read somewhere a description of her as being a stuck up X*w from Kent. Yes she was born and brought up in Kent, but her roots are real East End. Her Nan and Great Nan were two wonderful ladies and real Cockneys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doughnut:

Eastenders is being advertised on Dish network for sale...or rather a pay-per-view channel to watch the series....I was just browsing back and came across the above...

Ta Ta

Emma

Don't think this thread has been added to in a while but hello, I'm an ex pat too. Emigrated with my family back in 1990 to Queensland, Aus, family all from Gloucester. Dad grew up on Eastern avenue and played at Coney Hill rugby club, and we lived at Stroud road before we emigrated. Been back to visit a couple of times and still miss the old place. Lovely to read all the stories and see what's happening now. 😁😁

G'day Kerry,

Welcome to the boards , I too left Gloucester and moved to OZ in 1976. After 22 years in the NSW Correctional Services, I and my wife and two sons moved to Mudgeeraba in 2004.

We still feel as though we are on a pertinent holiday, living here.

I was born in Finlay Road and lived their till 1971 and the moved to the Grange Estate, until I moved to OZ.

I did my apprenticeship at Williams and James so I may well have known your dad, if he is now in his 60's

Anyway, hope to catch up on the boards.

Nobby.:hehe:

Welcome to the boards. We will be back on line properly next week when the broadband is connected.