Eddie

Old Cope Chat Photos ( Stroud Paper Makers )

15 posts in this topic

Copeland-Chatterson Co Ltd, 1893-2001 Stroud, paper manufacturers. The firm closed in 2001

While tidying up, Vanda found a photocopied folder of old pictures of this company which we will put up here in the next couple of days.

We have no idea where they cam from, but Vandas family do have numerous connections with Stroud industry including this firm and Lickfolds amongst others.

There are photos of :

• The packing room
  • The shaping mchine
  • The sewing room
  • Wire stiching
  • finishinfg room
  • Sheet punching and more. They look to be from the 1930s
RachelBogdaniec likes this

We would very much like to see these old photographs of Copeland Chatterson in Stroud - could we please be sent digital images for our Local History Society archive?

thanks

MarionH

Stroud Local History Society

Hi Marion. Thanks for your post. I had forgotten to put these up. I'll get that done and let you know when they are live

Here is the first one. The quality isn't that brilliant as they were old black and white pics photocopied. Click on the thumbnail

post-2-0-90265600-1424706380_thumb.jpg

That's actually not bad. The photocopier must have been a good quality one.

Unfortunately I don't have permission to open these pictures. I have loads of photos of the darkroom section as well as sports photos of the staff taken early 60s. I have also the photo of queen Mary's visit to cope chat and reddlers in the war. Also many of the plastics folders they produced. Dave

You should have permission to open them. If not try logging out and then back in. I'd love to see your photos

Hi

I'm producing an interpretation panel for the ex Cope-Chat playing field now Queen Elizabeth II Field, and I was wondering if I could possibly use one of your photos please? Also does anyone have any anecdotes/photos of the Cope-Chat sport's days/matches? Any info would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Eddie and RachelBogdaniec like this

Hi Eddie, I've just found this thread as my ancestors founded Cope Chat. It was originally set up Canada and brought to Stroud by Albert Mann. Albert Mann was my mother's great uncle (grandfathers brother). He lived in a house called Sallymount in Rodborough Common, where my mother Carolyn Mann visited.

I'll try and find a photo of him and post it up. Thanks for posting these photos you found! 

Eddie likes this

Thanks. Hope you enjoyed the pics