Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eddie

Barton & Tredworth Community Trust AGM

11 posts in this topic

The AGM will be on November 14th, at the Barton Community Centre, 6:30pm.

Hi

Yes, the meeting was last week.

The Trust is going through a change of direction - from providing services directly (it no longer owns the Trust Center), to being a Grant Provider for the local Barton/Tredworth area. profit from the sale of the building will be invested, providing an income the Trust can allocate to local initiatives. BTD have agreed that profits from their organisation will top up the funds available.

That is the plan. We await the final answers from members who could not make the meeting, but we are hopeful that they agree this is the best way forward.

Also, at the meeting most of the current Board Members stood down, and we are looking for other volunteers to take over the new Board's positions.

At the moment I'm the only person to have their name put forward. But we hope that the membership will not only support my candidacy, but help fill the other Board positions. The outgoing Board members have all offered to help the new Board for 3 months.

If anyone wants to get involved & support our local area, they can email me at: paulharries1957@yahoo.co.uk quoting "Trust Centre"

Thanks

Paul Harries

(Trust Centre Board - awaiting confirmation)

PS Thanks Eddie for highlighting this

I'm sure the odious Joe will be volunteering Paul. I do have to ask why do we need the trust when the BDP seems to be doing it all ?

Hi

The BTNP is one local body representing the views of local residents. Local statutory organisations (Police etc) plus council are represented, They have very limited funds.

The Trust however, has more funds to allocate to the local community. One option was to wind up the organisation & split up the money between a few local groups who shout the loudest. (And who probably have close links to the Trust). By becoming a Grant provider they now can reach more local groups, and have even more funding over time with the addition of funding from profits of BTD.

We're looking for more residents to join the Board and ensure the independence of this key local local funder.

Thanks

Paul Harries

Hi

All Trust members should be getting a letter soon, weather permitting, asking for their opinions. Issues brought up at the last meeting will need to be voted on, and the meeting's discussions themselves need to be ratified.

A lot of work still has to be done before the end of the financial year. Anyone wishing to help or join the Board can contact me direct. (The outgoing Board members have offered their help during the changeover).

Thanks

Paul Harries

Do you have to live in the area Paul, or is working in it sufficient?

The redoubtable Joe K says

People working in B&T, too - Odious Joe

I didn't volunteer as trustee because the meeting wasn't quorate. When it gets done right, names will be taken...

Thanks Eddie; I suddenly seem to have lost enthusiasm.

Hi

I hope we'll be looking at the BTNP format. Living or working in the ward.

Any monies have to be spent in the ward itself, however.

I received my letter today, though it's a bit misleading. It states it'll take 2-3 YEARS to be up & running as a grant giving operation, (if that option is decided). I hope it'll be up & running in a matter of months in some format or other.

My only major concern is to get other people on the Board. Due Diligence requires that there be more than one person as signatory on any cheques etc.

Thanks

Paul Harries

I would have volunteered Paul, but having seen Eddie's post' there is no way I could work with that particular "gentleman"