• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Poetry

Mr Poetry

Knave

• Advanced Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

Google has failed to find me any, and I wondered if anyone here knows of or is part of any groups?

I find myself writing a lot nowadays and would like to meet like minded people to bounce ideas off.
  • XRumerTest likes this

#2 AlexMcKee

AlexMcKee

Viscount

• Advanced Member
  • 1600 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Web Design, Hiking, Languages

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

There's a few authors that use these boards.
Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases.

#3 Mr Poetry

Mr Poetry

Knave

• Advanced Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

Hi Alex!

Hopefully they`ll read this thread and say hello :-)

#4 Glawster -Born

Glawster -Born

Viscount

• Advanced Member
  • 2401 posts
  • Interests:Genealogy, Problem Solving, Internet, DIY ( Reading only things that are of interest to me ) Fixing things etc, etc.

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:21 AM

Google has failed to find me any, and I wondered if anyone here knows of or is part of any groups?

I find myself writing a lot nowadays and would like to meet like minded people to bounce ideas off.

All I did was enter 'Writers Groups Gloucestershire 'into Google and found all this on a website.

There's Cheltenham Writers' Circle ..... Hester's Way Writers Group....The Poetry Society of Cheltenham.... Buzzwords ....Montpellier Writers....

Click on this link http://www.cheltenha...lubstheatre.asp and then scroll to bottom of page and you will see links to the above, with all the details.

G-B
If I knew how I know everything that I know, then there wouldn't be enough room in my head to know everything, that I know.

#5 Mr Poetry

Mr Poetry

Knave

• Advanced Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for those GB! good stuff! :-)

I`ve seen that pages before, I`ve got the website bookmarked somewhere, I think the Cheltenham Writers Circle
has now disbanded, you couldn`t even take a pencil through Hester`s Way and come out the other side with it!

The Poetry one I missed though, if only it wasn`t in a pub! :icon_biggrin:

Cheers again!

#6 Glawster -Born

Glawster -Born

Viscount

• Advanced Member
  • 2401 posts
  • Interests:Genealogy, Problem Solving, Internet, DIY ( Reading only things that are of interest to me ) Fixing things etc, etc.

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

Did you know that Gloucester College have writing courses, but that you'd have to pay at least 100 pounds for the course. However, they may be able to suggest writing groups in the area ?

G-B
If I knew how I know everything that I know, then there wouldn't be enough room in my head to know everything, that I know.

#7 Mr Poetry

Mr Poetry

Knave

• Advanced Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

Thanks again GB, at the risk of sounding pretentious I think I`ve enough talent that I shouldn`t need to pay for a course!

I`ll have a nose around that link you sent, and keep an eye on this thread.

:-)

#8 Glawster -Born

Glawster -Born

Viscount

• Advanced Member
  • 2401 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

I found this ...

Cotswolds Writers' Circle
Mr. C. G. K. Hooker
Dar-Es-Salaam, Beeches Park, Minchinhampton, Gloucestershire GL6 9BA
Alternate Tuesdays at Cirencester College, Victoria Road. They produce an annual magazine.

Or you could try this ...

Writer's Mind
www.thewritersmind.com
email webmaster@thewritersmind.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
On-line community

G-B

#9 Glawster -Born

Glawster -Born

Viscount

• Advanced Member
  • 2401 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

Googled ' Writing Clubs in Gloucestershire ' and this site has just what you are looking for.

Writing Enthusiasts, Clubs, Groups and Forums in Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK

If you want to find other people who are interested in Writing in Gloucester or if you want them to be able to find you, Pursuits Unlimited is the site to visit. It's completely free to join and you can instantly start making friends with other Writing enthusiasts.

For Gloucester Click here
http://www.pursuitsu...town=Gloucester

For the rest of Gloucestershire click here and SCROLL DOWN...

http://www.pursuitsu...Gloucestershire

G-B

#10 Tony

Tony

Viscount

• Admin
  • 1746 posts
  • Interests:Reading. Building computers. Making the wife cups of tea.

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

you couldn`t even take a pencil through Hester`s Way and come out the other side with it!

Some of us live is Hesters Way and take great exception to your continued bashing of the area at every opportunity.
Like everywhere else in the county, there are good parts and bad.
So in future, please keep your biased opinions to yourself.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

http://groups.yahoo....enhamfreecycle/

#11 Mr Poetry

Mr Poetry

Knave

• Advanced Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

No need for that Tony, I`ve sent you a PM and trust you will respond.

Thank you.

#12 Tony

Tony

Viscount

• Admin
  • 1746 posts
  • Interests:Reading. Building computers. Making the wife cups of tea.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

Actually, what there was no need for, was your dig at Hesters Way.
As for your PM, if I had anything to say, I'd do it out in the open, not in PM, but I said everything I have to say on the matter in my previous post.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

http://groups.yahoo....enhamfreecycle/

#13 Reg Cubit

Reg Cubit

Viscount

• Advanced Member
  • 2405 posts
  • Interests:Football coach

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

Mr Poetry, you are well out of order , your final sentence is unacceptable.

Very often we have disagreements with our points of view; but it shouldn't have to come to making personal remarks like that.

#14 Eddie

Eddie

Viscount

• Admin
  • 14571 posts
  • Interests:Walking, reading,programming,my local area and my dog

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

There was no need for that. Tony and Reg are quite right. No more please.

The Human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.

The Gloucestershire Directory

Quality business Web Hosting

#15 DarkMind

DarkMind
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Writing primarily, psychology, sociology, singing, laughing......

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hi all,

found this thread whilst looking for a writer's group in Cheltenham (tee hee, some of the comments did make me laugh, funny how people just can't resist a dig online!!)

Is the Cheltenham Writer's Circle definitely no longer running? Or if not and it is indeed still going, has anyone been there? - Are novices welcome?? (One can find that people can be a bit cliquey and a little lacking in the modesty dept. in Chelters sometimes and I didn't want to find myself in EgoHell...!)

Thanks in advance..............

#16 Eddie

Eddie

Viscount

• Admin
  • 14571 posts
  • Interests:Walking, reading,programming,my local area and my dog

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Welcome to the boards. You might try this

The Human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.

The Gloucestershire Directory

Quality business Web Hosting

#17 richpearse

richpearse
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

If anyone is interested I've started a little west-country-based writing club – it's called 2K Stories and there are only two members at the moment! We set ouselves a monthly 2000-word challenge and publish the results here. We then meet in a pub and talk about our efforts. Get in touch if you're interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users