Andria’s Charity Event Fun Day Saturday, 4 August 2012
Beechenhurst Speech House
In 2002 I was involved in a serious RTA (after a collisiopn with a 32 tonne tipper truck), and spent time in Frenchay ICU also Frenchayand Gloucester Neurology Wards, 31st october 2012 will be 10 years since the accident... and I would like to say a great thank you to these wards for the initial help that was given
I want to raise funds for Frenchay ICU also Frenchay and Gloucester Neurology Wards and am now holding a fun day, at BeechenHurst Lodge speech house (top tourist attrcation), to raise funds to purchase the necessary equipment to help others.
My target so far???
I have contacted all 3 wards and so far been told that
Gloucester Neuroology wards could do with:
• 4 x 26” flat screen TV’s and the wall mounting brackets etc these would probably cost several hundred pounds
• :CD playesr and audio CDs.
• There are some positioning mats we want to purchase for our head injury patients and other bits of kit eg bed rail bumpers that we would need to purchase through the NHS. The positioning mats are about £700.
• We also would like to purchase a bladder scanner these do cost a few thousand pounds. I will have a chat with the ward teams and see if can come up with anything else.
Frenchay ICU say they are in need of:
• We are always grateful for TV's for patient use,
• Big recliner chair - these are of great help to patients who are able to sit out of bed and sometimes enjoy going outside for some fresh air. These chairs are approx £3,000 each.
• Specially adapted wheelchairs for ITU
• Specialist pressure cushions for spinal injury patients, and these are approx £500 each.
So we aim BIG from this event
WHAT WILL BE THERE:
: stall holders/pamper room
: display acts
: welly wanging with Tipper truck as like involved in accident
: Brick a brack stall
: Measure lengh of french knitting (omg its 1ft tall)
: Kids dig for treasure (ear a pirate hat/hook provided and dig for a prize in our treasure chest )
STALLHOLDERS so far (tables are £15 or £25 per gazebo space )
: andrias jazzy jewellery
: julie davis handbags and purses
: gail kliskey eco friendly products
: lorna hedges psychic medium AND justine long clarvoyant medium
: Karen Ferrier phoenix cards trader
: Sheridan Enrico shez designs notice bourds
: Tracey Scott Forever living
: sarah morris Shabby Chic, shopping+peg bags, bunting, cushions, etc
: Caroline Mudd Smallprint fingerprint jewellery and keepsakes
: clare hooper shabby chic country style home and garden acessories
: Sue Conway face painting glitter tattoes tempory tattoes
: Caroline Fenn Cotswold Crafts
: jo weston vanilla sky handmade cards and gifts
: Silvia Seal handmande wool flowers
: lynda jones reflexology
: charity time and place to talk about road safety
display acts so far
: Aziza (of Cheltenham) Middle Eastern Dance Troupe
: Forest Emmeralds
raffle/tombola prizes are needed and donors will be mentioned in our booklet to be given out on the day and i look for large companies to make donations to help with paying for insurance etc and they will be advertsied as much as possible
brick a brack needed to be sold and all profits to the charity
DONATIONS can be bank transferred to:
andreas charity funday HSBC bank so please ask for details as been advised not to state on here
07771 365 327
Andrias Charity Funday to say thanks to Frenchay and Gloucester Hospitals
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users