Posts Tagged ‘Business Links’
The Gloucestershire Portal has been promoting local business for many years. There are also many ways that you can promote yourself here as well.
- Join our bulletin boards ( free of charge )
- We have a section “Tell us about your business” that you can use to advertise your services, again free of charge
- Astute posters will take part in the discussions here. So long as you have set up your profile, then every post leaves a link to your website.
- You can send every post you make to your twitter, facebook or Google + page with a single click
- Advertise with us - The best advertising rates in the county
- Make sure you are listed in our local Directory , the largest on the web
Don’t forget that SoftData Internet are full nominet members and can register your domain and host your web site. Again, local companies recieve many extra benefits.
If there was ever a real “hero of Gloucester”, then that person should be Ivan Taylor, chairman of the Westgate Quarter Traders’ Association, who runs Truscot Jewellers .
Ivan can be seen every day early in the morning sweeping up, not only in front of his own shop, but all of College Court and into Westgate Street. He is incapable of walking past any rubbish without picking it up and putting it into the nearest bin. Most of the decorations and many of the plants that are brightening up the westgate quarter were bought by Ivan, and then put up and planted by him. He is over 70 years old, but nothing seems to stop him.
Not content with running the Westgate Quarter, Ivan is also the driving force behind the four gates of Gloucester , and a great supporter of local business. If we had another dozen like him, then Gloucester would be transformed. We all owe him a great vote of thanks.
Sadly I have to admit, I just don’t have time to update this site. It is a shame because there is great potential there, and it gets reasonable traffic, but I’m just too busy.
Many people prefer to deal with companies that are local to them. It gives people confidence that their concerns will be taken care of, and that if anything does go wrong, then they can get in touch quickly to get the problem corrected. So why on earth do I see so many websites with no addresses? Many of them contain nothing but a form. This not only hurts your reputation, but it is illegal.
When I ask why these people are comitting commercial suicide, the top 2 answers are:
1 If I put an email link up, I get spammed to death
2 I work from home and don’t want my address on my site.
Both of these pathetic excuses are really saying, my convenience is more important than my customers. What a message to send out.
Our Gloucestershire Directory is an important part of this site. We do a large check twice a year to make sure that sites are still operating, and that they are still Gloucestershire based, and also look at adding new locations.
This time we are concentrating on the Forest of Dean. We have gone through the listings and created new directories for towns and villages with more than 2 sites. The poor old Forest seems to have suffered more than most in this recession, with any sites no longer working, and many that seem to be abandoned ( with 8 of them serving up malware ). We have removed all these sites, and sent our spider out looking for more.
Don’t forget it is free to list, so long as you show a Gloucestershire address.
As local people we have always seen the value in promoting truly local business. The site has many features valuable to local business.
- Our local directory - Free to list your business, our Gloucestershire Directory has many imitators, but none match it. We list over 8000 local web sites, all by their locality
- Our Bulletin Boards – Members have many advantages. You can list your events free of charge. We have a dedicated board for you to tell us all about your business. Unlike many boards today, because we check our members we do allow a sig with a link to your site on every port you make.
- Free Blogs - again we do allow links in just the same way as in the forums
- Free Image Gallery – Upload your photos here
- Send your posts, blogs and images directly to your twitter and facebook pages
- For a very modest fee, advertise on our site – one of the busiest in Gloucestershire
There is much more, so come on in, the water is fine